CRT's

Eärendil

Weaksauce
Can anybody point me to a site that still reviews the latest CRT models? How many people here have CRT's they'd recommend? I'm finding that the prices, performance, and fidelity of LCD's are still ridiculous.

I'm looking for something in the 19"+ category, with at least .24mm pitch.

You can find the 'latest' CRTs at your good ole B&M stores like Best Buy and Circuit City. Are these CRTs any good? Not really.

Seriously, the only good CRTs left are out of production. You could try to pick up a used Sony FW900 for ~$300-400, Nec/Mitsubishi 22in (forgot model name) for maybe ~$100-200 or the Dell P1110(?) 21in for less than $100. The P1110 are rebadged Sony Aperture Grille Trinitrons. And yes, the other two are also AG monitors.

Check out your local Craigslist if you want to pick one up locally. There are plenty of P1110 floating around.

B&H has some CRTs in stock. I looked an a 19" NEC not long ago. It may be about the best of what's left. I think I'll buy my wife a new flat panel and take her CRT. I do photography/graphic design and I just can't afford $1200+ for a reliable flat panel.

B&H

NEC Review

Back