• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CRT too dark?

tunaman

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
2,150
I know I know I need to upgrade to LCD. I'm almost there but not quite. Until then I have a Viewsonic E790 monitor that apparently has problems. I tried watching the Lost Season 1 DVD on it tonight it was almost too dark to watch. I turned the brightness and contrast settings all the way up on the monitor control panel and nothing. I used the ATI control panel to screw with brightness and gamma and what not, and nothing. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the picture to display brighter.

For those familiar with the first episode of Lost, the scene where they find the pilot in the cockpit,,, While inside the plane the scene just about appeared pitch black.


Any ideas on what might be going on here?


Vid card is Radeon 9700 Pro
Software is BlazeDV D pro 4.0
 
Well that made ALL the difference! For some reason I didn't see those settings, but when you said Overlay, I was able to find them right off the bat. Fixed the problem right quick.

Thanks!
 
Heh, I had heard all the hubub but had resisted watching it because it was network TV. I don't watch network TV as a matter of principa. I even hate to watch Fox, specifically because of F(au)X news. I prefer to just download the Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama. So the other day I go over to a friends house and they are watching that nights episode. In 15 minutes it blew my mind at how good it was. So I borrowed my friends DVD and started watching it. I must say, I am quite entertained with it.
 
no, im guessing you originally bought a crappy CRT and now that it has gotten old you've lost your brightness

right?

not uncommon, good quality CRTs dont give you this type of issue, you dont need to change to LCD and adopt a whole bunch of other problems (ghosting, streaking, native res, dead pixels, etc. etc.)

not to mention your monitor is a crappy viewsonic, may i suggest samsung? (or sony crt as well)
 
Back
Top