Crossover 27Q vs Dell U2412M

1-anh

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
98
I currently have 2 Dell U2412M's which I have been using for the past 9 months and I have been very happy with them. I am looking to purchase a third monitor either the crossover 27Q or another Dell U2412M, if I were to purchase the crossover it would cost ~$400 and I would use it in the centre with both 2412's in portrait mode, while if I went with another U2412 it would only cost me ~$300 on sale. I have read that the crossover has potential risks associated with it as do all the other korean ips monitors. Which one would you go for given my situation? Money is not an issue in this case.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
 
If you prefer the image you have now, matte screen and all, go with the dell. if you want more real estate and slightly higher pixel density and gloss screen, the korean monitors seem a great choice. i would go for the korean monitor in the middle :p
 
If you live near a Microcenter then you can add the Auria 27" IPS to your short list, that should alleviate some concerns about risk.

As for what would be a better setup, another 24" vs a 27", that i can't answer.
 
If you live near a Microcenter then you can add the Auria 27" IPS to your short list, that should alleviate some concerns about risk.

As for what would be a better setup, another 24" vs a 27", that i can't answer.

Unfortunately im from vancouver so there are no microcenters close by.

If you prefer the image you have now, matte screen and all, go with the dell. if you want more real estate and slightly higher pixel density and gloss screen, the korean monitors seem a great choice. i would go for the korean monitor in the middle

I do really like the dells, however going with a 27" 16:9 would I gain that much more real estate over a 24" 16:10? This is definitely the hard part since both are fairly close in price.
 
I can't answer your question, but I love my Crossover 27Q. Gorgeous.

Keep in mind, All Korean IPS panels (Achieva,Crossover,Catleap,PCBank,Shimian) use A- LG panels. I have 1 stuck pixel, but you have to look hard to find it. The pixel density is so high, it's smaller than the tip of a needle.
 
going with a 27" 16:9 would I gain that much more real estate over a 24" 16:10?

The Dell's 16:10 mitigates the size difference a little bit. Check out this TV calculator to see some of the differences.

The 27" will give you roughly one inch extra in height and 3 inches extra width, and a lot more pixels, but i don't know if it will create a setup that you prefer.
 
The Dell's 16:10 mitigates the size difference a little bit. Check out this TV calculator to see some of the differences.

The 27" will give you roughly one inch extra in height and 3 inches extra width, and a lot more pixels, but i don't know if it will create a setup that you prefer.

Thanks for the help, im still undecided however I am currently leaning towards the U2412M since I am a bit worried about having stuck pixels and the shipping cost back to korea being $100. Also the U2412M would allow me to have 3 of the same monitor for a similar aesthetic look among all the monitors.

I am still open to suggestions so if people can convince me for the crossover I am all ears.
 
I have both a Crossover 27Q and U2412M. I would not want to have a Crossover in the middle with two U2412M's flanking it, I can tell you that much. It'd annoy me too much to have a glossy screen in the middle with two matte screens flanking it.

Also, yes you do take a risk. My crossover unfortunately has a stuck pixel in the the upper middle section of the screen, pretty much the worst placement for one.. most of the time it is still unnoticeable, but it does bug me the odd time it does happen to catch my eye.

I will say this though - after experiencing such a high resolution it's very difficult to go back to the U2412M.
 
For a triple monitor setup where you already have 2 U2412Ms I'd just get another U2412M. 3 identical panel types with identical coatings, at identical resolutions, in identical bezels, at identical heights, with good stands sounds better to me than one glossy, higher res, that doesn't line up with the other two on a floppy stand.

Obviously it's up to you what matters most to you!
 
Back
Top