Konstantin
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2012
- Messages
- 1
Crossover arrived today.
It is glossy, not as nice as my old 25.5" ASUS or 24" ACER or older 19 inch ACER monitors. However, it is less reflective than my capacitance screen tablet or IPhone.
My video card Radeon 4290 (integrated on a motherboard) refuses to work in DVI 2560x1440 - just as seller predicted. It only supports up to 1920x1200. Motherboard manual claimed that wit will work all the way up to 2560x1600. Be aware. I purchased a discrete video card today. Waiting.
However, interesting and completely unexpected:
D-SUB VGA on Radeon 4290 works in 2560x1440 no problems. Of course, image is not 100% sharp, but quite usable.
Moreove, D-SUB VGA on my antique laptop Dell Latitude D630 (Radeon X300) supports 2560x1440 with no problems.
Bottom line: this compatibility issue is all about DVI.
I do not see dead pixels. Menu is in Korean. Instruction manual will give you a hint on how to switch it to English.
Audio is weak, but good enough for me.
Image is too bright on arrival and hurt eyes. I changed brightness from 100% to 50% and it still little too bright.
Monitor comes with power supply and euro power cable with US-to-euro adapter. However, standard power cable for computer or monitor works just fine to connect power adapter to power outlet.
I did not try HDMI or DisplayPort yet.
It is glossy, not as nice as my old 25.5" ASUS or 24" ACER or older 19 inch ACER monitors. However, it is less reflective than my capacitance screen tablet or IPhone.
My video card Radeon 4290 (integrated on a motherboard) refuses to work in DVI 2560x1440 - just as seller predicted. It only supports up to 1920x1200. Motherboard manual claimed that wit will work all the way up to 2560x1600. Be aware. I purchased a discrete video card today. Waiting.
However, interesting and completely unexpected:
D-SUB VGA on Radeon 4290 works in 2560x1440 no problems. Of course, image is not 100% sharp, but quite usable.
Moreove, D-SUB VGA on my antique laptop Dell Latitude D630 (Radeon X300) supports 2560x1440 with no problems.
Bottom line: this compatibility issue is all about DVI.
I do not see dead pixels. Menu is in Korean. Instruction manual will give you a hint on how to switch it to English.
Audio is weak, but good enough for me.
Image is too bright on arrival and hurt eyes. I changed brightness from 100% to 50% and it still little too bright.
Monitor comes with power supply and euro power cable with US-to-euro adapter. However, standard power cable for computer or monitor works just fine to connect power adapter to power outlet.
I did not try HDMI or DisplayPort yet.