CrossFlow...The Next Evolution.

wizzackr said:
Kudos, looks nice. I did almost exactly the same layout a couple of years back. Size is almost identical. ... Yours seems to be way more friendly to assemble, though ;) - very nice layout of all components and cooling!

One question, though: Are you sure it would fit 8800GTXs? AFAIK they are longer than an ATX mobo is wide... :confused:

Grand job!
I would really love to see it.
In the design there is an extra 1 1/2 to 2" possible (by just switching out the Blue exo-Skeleton for a wider one. Than I would duct some of the air from the crossflow fan below for cooling.

markkleb said:
I would really love to see it.
In the design there is an extra 1 1/2 to 2" possible (by just switching out the Blue exo-Skeleton for a wider one. Than I would duct some of the air from the crossflow fan below for cooling.

I'll post some pics later today, if I can make it out of the office in time. Otherwise tomorrow, ok?

Do you think that you go ALOT smaller if you were to use a mATX mobo? I am guessing so since you based the size around the regular ATX mobo..... but your the guy with the mod knowledge and the actual case ;)

Great job, looks awesome!

Thanks, you could probably save 3" on the depth, And 2" on the height.

If you were to use a flex PCIx cable and 1 video card probably 6" tall.

The problem with that to me is the reason for building CrossFlow was to be able to use a ATX mobo and ANY VideoCards in SLI/Crossfire with ANY PS too. So that way you are not limited in ur hardware..

and wizzackr, still waiting to see those picts.. :)

I got bored and thought I would mod my mod..I cut the ears off the fan than smoothed it down and painted it with the Mirage paint. Looks better with the coolingtube.

Fanntube.jpg

Here it is standing up on its end with the Hyper6+ cooler. (Much better than the CoolerMaster Aquagate). You can see the case is not much bigger than the mobo.BUT there is enough room for a pair of 8800GTSs...
StandingUp.jpg

I really dont want to turn this into a markkleb VS Coolermaster thread. Its just they were caught lying and when I pointed it out I was Banned.
And I really dont want my comp or its design to be remembered for that mess.

Well, I have to give you props on your design. Too bad you had to take down the pictures though.

I am reloading the picts, slowly but surely. Also its in pieces for a remodel. I replaced the Hyper6+ with a Zalman 9500 AM2 (looks cool through the front).
I have replaced the blue top part with a Perforated metal version, I also removed 1 Silenx fan (exhaust) and also eliminated 2 fan holes.
Il post the picts again as I find them (I am a retard at picts and posting stuff)

Also I am making a smaller version in Alum/Plastic (so Steeeeve will finally let me call it SFF :) ) with a Biostar mATX mobo with a 7950GT and Laptop HDDs in Raid0 with a flatter PS. Probably around 7" High..

(wizzackr , I am still waiting to see those picts...)

Ok I just put it back together with the new top. This time I decided to use Perforated metal. I wanted to do Satin Black but my friends said use the Blue Chrome so I tried the blue. Its hard to tell in my picts but the finish looks like a cross between Blue anodize and chrome.

I put in the Zalman and cleaned up the wiring to the TT MediaLab and put in the Swiftech chipset cooler. Here is what it looks like sitting on its back
OnItsSide.jpg

Here is the back view showing the HDDs and PS
BackView.jpg

And here is the top (I still may do satin black) with the Stainless handle. Notice there is only 2 120mm holes (GPU intake and exhaust) I am thinking because the whole top is perforated cooling should still be excellent, if not I have my hole saw standing by :)
TopView.jpg

Now I have to stop playing around and get to making the Alum versions... :D

markkleb said:
(wizzackr , I am still waiting to see those picts...)

Ok I just put it back together with the new top. This time I decided to use Perforated metal. I wanted to do Satin Black but my friends said use the Blue Chrome so I tried the blue. Its hard to tell in my picts but the finish looks like a cross between Blue anodize and chrome.

I put in the Zalman and cleaned up the wiring to the TT MediaLab and put in the Swiftech chipset cooler. Here is what it looks like sitting on its back
OnItsSide.jpg

Here is the back view showing the HDDs and PS
BackView.jpg

And here is the top (I still may do satin black) with the Stainless handle. Notice there is only 2 120mm holes (GPU intake and exhaust) I am thinking because the whole top is perforated cooling should still be excellent, if not I have my hole saw standing by :)
TopView.jpg

Now I have to stop playing around and get to making the Alum versions... :D

Wow, you still contemplating to make mine? If so I want mine like that
:p

Awesome job!!! Great looking case!!! Congrats on a job well done (well maybe not...modding or building a case is never a done deal with new ideas on your head)

I think it would look AMAZING with black anodizing and a flat black handle, complimented by some deep blue lighting (no cheapy blue CCs). I really like what you have done with the case, it is quite impressive.

synaps3 said:
I think it would look AMAZING with black anodizing and a flat black handle, complimented by some deep blue lighting (no cheapy blue CCs). I really like what you have done with the case, it is quite impressive.

That was my plan but my friends (all 2 of them) said go blue...The next one is gonna be black anodized.

Also I just sold Crossflows video cards to be able to buy the C2D stuff for the next comp..(I already miss my AMD :( ) so its sitting in the closet..

I ordered a bunch of alum and it should be here next week to start..

Back