Hey from a long time lurker,
I've been trying to install a 2nd card to this P35 system for a few days now, and CCC always brings up the second adapter as disabled (crossfire tab never appears). I've been following the instructions I've found on message boards, because that's the most extensive instruction I can find.
This last go around, on a pretty fresh install of Windows 7, installed the primary card first, then the added the second. Then powered down and added a bridge. Card one is a 4890, card two is a 4870. When I installed the second card independently, Windows 7 got a little funky with it, but nothing too bad (no errors, just kept trying to install an old WDM driver when I was installing the new ATI driver). Maybe a bad port?
I know it may not be worth it, but at this point I'm obsessing over the challenge of getting it to work.
Anybody know any tricks? Anything glaringly off here?
BIOS settings are looking right; CGI is enabled.
1x XFX 4890, 1x Visiontek 4870, P5K Deluxe Wifi, Pentium Dual Core OC'd ~3ghz, 3gb DDR-2, and 1k PSU.
Windows 7 32bit
I've been trying to install a 2nd card to this P35 system for a few days now, and CCC always brings up the second adapter as disabled (crossfire tab never appears). I've been following the instructions I've found on message boards, because that's the most extensive instruction I can find.
This last go around, on a pretty fresh install of Windows 7, installed the primary card first, then the added the second. Then powered down and added a bridge. Card one is a 4890, card two is a 4870. When I installed the second card independently, Windows 7 got a little funky with it, but nothing too bad (no errors, just kept trying to install an old WDM driver when I was installing the new ATI driver). Maybe a bad port?
I know it may not be worth it, but at this point I'm obsessing over the challenge of getting it to work.
Anybody know any tricks? Anything glaringly off here?
BIOS settings are looking right; CGI is enabled.
1x XFX 4890, 1x Visiontek 4870, P5K Deluxe Wifi, Pentium Dual Core OC'd ~3ghz, 3gb DDR-2, and 1k PSU.
Windows 7 32bit