• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfire X1800XT now available

What I find interesting is :

System Requirements
PCI Express™ based PC is required with one x16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
Connection to the system power supply is required (Adapter Included)
450-Watt power supply or greater recommended (assumes fully loaded system)
512MB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive and decoder software (not included)


no mention of a crossfire motherboard. Hoping it will work with my NF4.
 
nunyabiz said:
What I find interesting is :

System Requirements
PCI Express™ based PC is required with one x16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
Connection to the system power supply is required (Adapter Included)
450-Watt power supply or greater recommended (assumes fully loaded system)
512MB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive and decoder software (not included)


no mention of a crossfire motherboard. Hoping it will work with my NF4.

I have an SLI board and run an x1800xt on it. It's where crossfire it's concerned where a crossfire motherboard is so far necessary. I hope so later they have it working. Maybe later *shrug*
 
Netrat33 said:
I have an SLI board and run an x1800xt on it. It's where crossfire it's concerned where a crossfire motherboard is so far necessary. I hope so later they have it working. Maybe later *shrug*

I understand that( I also have an XT with a NF4), but I have been hearing rumors that crossfire will work on non ATI chipset boards.
 
nunyabiz said:
I understand that( I also have an XT with a NF4), but I have been hearing rumors that crossfire will work on non ATI chipset boards.

God I hope so.
 
nunyabiz said:
I understand that( I also have an XT with a NF4), but I have been hearing rumors that crossfire will work on non ATI chipset boards.
When they say non ATI chipset, I think the rumors are refering to a new intel chipset that will work with both SLI and CROSSFIRE, but if crossfire works on nf4 mobo that would be great for ATI and ATI consumers.
 
I agree- it would be great if it would work with nf4 motherboards. However, I can't believe ATI is not coming out with a X1800XL crossfire card- dumb decision IMHO.
 
Diseaseboy said:
I agree- it would be great if it would work with nf4 motherboards. However, I can't believe ATI is not coming out with a X1800XL crossfire card- dumb decision IMHO.
They work with the x1800xl too.

There is no x800xl Crossfire card, but it's supposed to just downclock to xl speeds.
 
Borgschulze said:
They work with the x1800xl too.

There is no x800xl Crossfire card, but it's supposed to just downclock to xl speeds.

Thats a waste of money imo.
 
ClearM4 said:
When they say non ATI chipset, I think the rumors are refering to a new intel chipset that will work with both SLI and CROSSFIRE.
975X (From what I have heard).
 
its been CONFIRMED that Crossfire works on nF4 boards, its not OFFICAL and SUPPORTED thou, that guy who owns Voodoo PC on his blog posted that when the ati guys came over to show him crossfire they forgot to bring a motherboard and used one of the asus nf4 boards he had lying around
 
Cheaper than a GTX 512 and from the looks of the first benchies on the net, is faster in Crossfire than the GTX 512 in SLI. This looks like it is about to get interesting.


Sad I have to wait until this Friday to get one....... My hope is Allstarshop gets them soon.
 
Ristogod said:
Now hurry up and get the more affordable X1800 XL Crossfire Edition cards out.
It is out and is an XT so you have one choice!
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Cheaper than a GTX 512 and from the looks of the first benchies on the net, is faster in Crossfire than the GTX 512 in SLI. This looks like it is about to get interesting.


Sad I have to wait until this Friday to get one....... My hope is Allstarshop gets them soon.
Which reviews? The Techreport review showed it behind a 256 GTX in some benchmarks and behind the 512 in all the high end benchmarks.

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/radeon-x1800-crossfire/index.x?pg=7
 
Those results look pretty suspect considering they have Dual 7800 512 listed twice on each graph and the Dual 7800GT beating the Dual 7800GTX?

Something fishing.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
sorry... on the FEAR tests which still makes you wonder how accurate all the tests are.
The FEAR ones? The dual GTX 512 7800 aren't on there twice and the dual GT gets beat by the GTX and the 512 GTX in both graphs. :confused:
 
I still wanna know why they used CAT 5.10a instead of 5.11 or even 5.12. I know the time they tested 5.12 were still beta, but still.
 
nunyabiz said:
I still wanna know why they used CAT 5.10a instead of 5.11 or even 5.12. I know the time they tested 5.12 were still beta, but still.
Because the performance boost would have show different results. You can bet large money that one card manufacture requested this......
 
ChronicTrees said:
Just Fyi. My motherboards latest bios said it supports crossfire.

Which one?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Read the sig! *slap slap*
 
From what I hear, the Intell 955X chipset does Crossfire perfectly. The 975X will also do Crossfire. ATI has no problem, with Intel chipsets doing Crossfire, as they think it will encourage there sales, which I believe it will once Conroe hits the market. Nvidia, said no, they dont want Intel's 975X chipset to do SLI. So it looks like ATI, might benefit from this. Everyone will agree, Intel makes great chipsets.
 
Back
Top