Crossfire with a ASUS top help

crewzen

Gawd
ASUS EAH3870/G/HTDI/512M this is what I want to use with a Gigabyte 3870 stock speed graphics card on my A8R32-MVP Deluxe.

Will this combo be worth trying in crossfire.

Well since there seems to be no one home or alive today, I just went ahead and ordered the ASUS Top 3870 @851 speed and hope it will work with my gigabyte 3870 @775 speed. :eek: This is my first attempt at crossfire and there seems to be no one there about this subject so I will just take the plung and die I guess. One of the problems that I had seen was someone that had to bridge 4 slots there bridges were too short but I think the ones I already have can cross 5 slots so it should be OK. I will see in 3 days or so when newegg sends me the card.

I will put the Asus 851 in slot 1 and the Gigabyte in slot 2 and oc it to 851 to match the speeds. That is if it will hold up. I can always put my thermaltake HR-03 on it to keep it cool. Then I think I will oc the Opty 185 along with the memory which I have running slower than it is rated. So all in all it should work out good and stable. This should last until the Intel 8 core @ 8ghz come out at xmas or Feb of 09. Then it will be time for a major update along with all the new super graphics comming out about the same time. The new tech should be in by then. not m gates.

Back