• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfire two 6950s at different speeds?

o2taku

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
82
Hey, so I bought two 6950s. Turns out one unlocks to 6970 speeds fine, but the other only does shaders. When I tried crossfiring them together like this, the crossfire button was blanked out. When I flash both to shaders only unlock, it works.

Any idea why it doesn't work?

Thanks.
 
If you flash one to a 6970, it's a 6970.

If you just unlock the shaders on one, it's a 6950 (as far as the driver cares)

I think the problem is that you're trying to Crossfire a 6950 with a 6970.

Just flash both to 6950 unlocked shaders and use afterburner to OC one of the cards.
 
You should still be able to crossfire a 6950 and a 6970, but what effect flashing the BIOSes has I have no idea.
 
Back
Top