Crossfire scaling for the Fury X is over 100% (Firestrike) with voltage unlocked + OC

Nice, finally we can start unleashing the true power of this thing.
P.S: Can't wait to see benches of overclocked cards with the latest drivers. The drivers alone are giving some really nice Crossfire performance increases

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Syndicate-test-ACS_1920.jpg
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Syndicate-test-ACS_2560.jpg
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Syndicate-test-ACS_3840.jpg

Last edited:
Why would one be happy about a greater than 100% scaling of a GPU rather than being worried about the underperformance of the GPU when working on its own?

Nice, finally we can start unleashing the true power of this thing.
P.S: Can't wait to see benches of overclocked cards with the latest drivers. The drivers alone are giving some really nice Crossfire performance increases

Finally the Almighty 295x2 will be dethroned after 2 years being the king.

Don't really care for any gameworks results, but still, really impressive results.

Finally the Almighty 295x2 will be dethroned after 2 years being the king.

Kinda makes no sense to say that, it's still king as a single card, It wasn't king if you compared it to SLI 980ti or crossfire fury anyway, no?

Kinda makes no sense to say that, it's still king as a single card, It wasn't king if you compared it to SLI 980ti or crossfire fury anyway, no?

Fury x2 is supposed to be annouced tomorrow along with crimson drivers

I wouldn't say mad. Let's say I've personally invested in the pipe dream known as multiGPU from both vendors and was let down. It annoys me when people suggest SLI or crossfire without noting the caveats.

AND saying the 295x2 is the fastest card is wrong and this conclusion can be backed up with frametime data. Doesn't matter if it has more raw power on paper, if it stutters worse than a single card then it's worthless.

I wouldn't say mad. Let's say I've personally invested in the pipe dream known as multiGPU from both vendors and was let down. It annoys me when people suggest SLI or crossfire without noting the caveats.

AND saying the 295x2 is the fastest card is wrong and this conclusion can be backed up with frametime data. Doesn't matter if it has more raw power on paper, if it stutters worse than a single card then it's worthless.

Now, THAT'S some bullshit.

First off, saying that any increase in frame time makes th card worthless is nonsense, there is certainly an acceptable range of frame time variance.

Second, you cherry picked the shit out of that, since most of the games from that same review shows the 295x2 frame times as the same or better than the single gpu cards.

On short, your "conclusion" is easily disproved by your own evidence.

Games list:

Better or equal

BF4
Bioshock infinite
Crysis 3
Grid
Skyrim (below 4k)

Worse

Metro
Gta v
Skyrim (4k)

Why is the 980ti SLI scaling so bad in the examples given in OP? Looks like all of the SLI Nvidia cards scale bad on this game ~20%?

Why is the 980ti SLI scaling so bad in the examples given in OP? Looks like all of the SLI Nvidia cards scale bad on this game ~20%?

I do not think SLI scaling is particularly bad, is just Crossfire scaling is phenomenal.

Now, THAT'S some bullshit.

First off, saying that any increase in frame time makes th card worthless is nonsense, there is certainly an acceptable range of frame time variance.

Second, you cherry picked the shit out of that, since most of the games from that same review shows the 295x2 frame times as the same or better than the single gpu cards.

On short, your "conclusion" is easily disproved by your own evidence.

Games list:

Better or equal

BF4
Bioshock infinite
Crysis 3
Grid
Skyrim (below 4k)

Worse

Metro
Gta v
Skyrim (4k)

Grid looks god awful... Skyrim (below 4k) looks god awful and so does Bio shock Infinite. I'd move that list around slightly. You're correct that there's some older games that work OK. Although I have no idea why someone would pick the 295x2 over a single card. If this review had more modern games it'd look even worse.

What about the next driver when half the games stop working? I've been there. There's threads all over about it too.

You're right about frame variance being an opinion, but in some situations like Grid 2 you can't tell me that's better than a 980ti. Add in the 980ti OC (or now, Fury X) and it's a joke.

wantapple basically said 295x2 was the best card. It sure as shit isn't. The conclusion, "For now, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti becomes the best graphics card for PC gamers planning for 4K, VR or the most demanding PC titles due out in 2015." I haven't seen anyone in recent memory suggest a 295x2 over a 980ti (or Fury X if that's you're cup of tea).

Last edited:
Grid looks god awful... Skyrim (below 4k) looks god awful and so does Bio shock Infinite. I'd move that list around slightly. You're correct that there's some older games that work OK. Although I have no idea why someone would pick the 295x2 over a single card. If this review had more modern games it'd look even worse.

What about the next driver when half the games stop working? I've been there. There's threads all over about it too.

You're right about frame variance being an opinion, but in some situations like Grid 2 you can't tell me that's better than a 980ti. Add in the 980ti OC (or now, Fury X) and it's a joke.

wantapple basically said 295x2 was the best card. It sure as shit isn't. The conclusion, "For now, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti becomes the best graphics card for PC gamers planning for 4K, VR or the most demanding PC titles due out in 2015." I haven't seen anyone in recent memory suggest a 295x2 over a 980ti (or Fury X if that's you're cup of tea).

That's the list of games from the article that you used as your evidence. I simply read what you posted and tl:dr the results based on your criteria (frame times). Based on that review from pcper, that's the way the games fall.

Am I saying that someone should buy a 295x2 now, even if you could find a new one? No. But it was and is a beast of a card. If I hadn't already committed to my 290's by buying water blocks, I would have picked one up last year for $600 when they were on sale.

I'm also not saying that there are no xfire/sli issues with games, but so far the only time it's affected me was on Fallout 4. I was able to force AFR on Farcry 4, and I haven't found any of my older games that xfire fails to work on, but I'll admit I don't play nearly as much as I did.

Its a pain to reply on my phone, but I went back to look at your claim about grid 2 being substantially better on a 980ti, and I'm not sure what you're seeing that I'm not.

http://www.pcper.com/image/view/56849?return=node%2F63071

My first and only multi gpu experience was the 3870x2. Bought it on May of 2008. 4870 released on June. I was not happy.

Back