Crossfire profiles with least input lag?

Enhanced Interrogator

[H]ard|Gawd
So I just upgraded to a crossfire system, thought I'd play a little Rocket League at downsampled 4k (85hz, same framerate I ran before adding the second card) and I noticed the input lag instantly. It's really off-putting, so much so that I'll probably end up playing rocket league on one card.

But do you guys know of any crossfire profiles that minimizes input lag on DX9 games? I'd hate to have my brand new card just idling there half of my games.

380x. Feels great in BF4, but I'm sure DICE did extra optimization for multi-gpu. I'm guessing this will mostly be an issue for games where it was never explicitly programmed for.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using GeDosato to downsample rocket league. Not sure if that isn't mixing well with crossfire or what.

Rocket League has negative scaling in crossfire for me and after a while it eventually crashes unless I'm playing on one card.

Try VSR through the drivers instead, should help.

I'm playing on a CRT, so VSR is disabled. Not sure why though, because they allow me to enable GPU upscaling (which you would never need on a CRT).

Rocket League has negative scaling in crossfire for me and after a while it eventually crashes unless I'm playing on one card.

It seemed that in default crossfire mode it worked OK, my guess would be it gave about a 50% boost. It would stutter randomly though, and the input lag was palpable. I'm basically wondering if there is any crossfire mode that is known to lag less in games like this.

Are you using frtc and/or freeeync. If using frtc and no freesync then don't use it, use rtss. If you have freesync then set frtc and rtoss frame limiter to the same refresh rate

Rocket League has its own built in frame limiter (as do all UE3 engine games), but I guess I can try rtss (or maybe radeon pro?).

Is there any alternative to AFR for dx9 games in general? Is there a profile I could use that would attempt split-frame rendering? Or is SFR a relatively new thing?

I also played some Metal Gear V, and that had instantly noticeable input lag as well, though I don't mind as much in a game like that

Well I don't know anything about rocket league. Also don't know anything about your system either. I played metal gear v 4k native just fine that game isn't even system intensive. So I can't call it

Well I don't know anything about rocket league. Also don't know anything about your system either. I played metal gear v just fine that game isn't even system intensive. So I can't call it

Metal Gear runs great on my crossfire system, it's just I noticed the extra input lag right away after moving from a single card. But like I said, a little extra input delay doesn't really matter in a single player stealth game.

And I wouldn't say it's not system intensive (not everybody has crossfire Fury X's), because I couldn't hit all Ultra settings on a 7970 at 1080p and still maintain 60fps. I had to drop half the settings to high, and still had minor drops on occasion. Now that I have crossfire 380x's, I can finally hit 60fps maxed out, and I'm even experimenting with resolutions higher than 1080p.

As for Rocket League, it's a Unreal Engine 3 game, which is an engine a lot of us are familiar with since it's been used a lot over the past 10 or so years. I'm still hoping one of you guys will have found some workaround with other games utilizing that engine to reduce the input delay. Rocket League is definitely a game where you want to keep the lag low.

If you feel lag then try changing your "Flip Queue Size" from 3 to 1 or 0. Easiest way to change it is through RadeonPRO. Else you will have to go edit your registry and look for "FlipQueueSize" and change "3x 00" where x= 1 or 0. Been a while I've done this, so just Google to double check settings.

This will reduce the amount of pre-rendered frames and appear to reduce lag. I use it for MOBA games, and mostly for Pinball FX.

As far as I know, only one game has used SFR, and that's Civ. BE Mantle version.

I'll look into changing the flip queue and see if it helps.

As for SFR, you would think it would be possible for AMD to to introduce a sort of faux-eyefinity solution where the games thinks it's outputting to two skinny monitors but the drivers actually combine into one output. It could be a sort of hacked SFR that may work for some games, giving people a chance to cut down on the lag.

I'm playing on a CRT, so VSR is disabled. Not sure why though, because they allow me to enable GPU upscaling (which you would never need on a CRT).

It seemed that in default crossfire mode it worked OK, my guess would be it gave about a 50% boost. It would stutter randomly though, and the input lag was palpable. I'm basically wondering if there is any crossfire mode that is known to lag less in games like this.

Why are you on a CRT?

Back