crossfire profiles still necessary?

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
I may have missed the boat on this one but are crossfire profiles still necessary? I searched AMD's site and the newest one is 13.5.

Xfire and SLI Profiles will be always necessary for gaming.. i guess will be the same with the new AMD 290 Xfire built in Technology that no require Bridge..

They are necessary but you don't have to worry about downloading a separate app for them as they are now integrated in the latest drivers. :)

They are necessary but you don't have to worry about downloading a separate app for them as they are now integrated in the latest drivers. :)

Wich could be a problem if the driver take long time to be launched...

Not if u are comfortable downloading beta releases which come out much more frequently

In order to stay up to date with CrossFire profiles and the latest games, you must use the Beta driver updates, it is the only way to be completely up to date with new game support now.

i dont fundamentally understand what crossfire profiles are.

if i rename an executable, it defaults to another exe-specific profile (for example changing skyrim.exe to obilivion.exe for much better crossfire performance). this makes sense.

but choosing the oblivion.exe crossfire profile for skyrim.exe yields diminished crossfire performance, when i would think that it would be identical to changing the name of the exe.

its very confusing to me.

and usually, there is no oblivion.exe crossfire profile, so wtf is it doing?

Back