• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfire or a new single card

MrSteel74

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
1,632
I am currently running a 7870 XT in my rig and while I can turn on a lot of eye candy at 1080P resolutions I can't max many games out and keep constant smooth frame rates. With the new driver updates from AMD would it be worth going Crossifre and getting a 2nd 7870 XT or flip my current one and upgrade to a 770 GTX? Here are my rig specs

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Core i5 3570k @ 4Ghz (haven't pushed it yet)
16GB DDR3 (stock speeds)
7870 XT (memory default speed core oc'd to 1100Mhz
1 SSD (boot drive)
1 SATA 7200 RPM HDD (game installs)
Asus VN247H-P 23.5" 1920 x 1080 Monitor
WIndows 8 Pro
Corsair HX 750 watt PSU
 
With good drivers I think 2 of your cards could waste gtx770. A good over clocking hd7950 performs better than gtx 770.


I prefer single card for competitive gaming but I haven't tried the new amd drivers for cross fire yet.

Rumors that in October amd will release wrath on new better cards, might want to wait.
 
Back
Top