• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfire HD5870 2GB?

Halloween

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
150
I'm currently building a new rig which consists of Intel Core i7-980X and potentially 2 x HD5870 2GB but i'm hearing about issues with running 2 x HD5870 (especially in games like BFBC2). I WON'T be running eyefinity, will I come across issues with Crossfire and stuttering etc? Cheers in advance.
 
I'm currently building a new rig which consists of Intel Core i7-980X and potentially 2 x HD5870 2GB but i'm hearing about issues with running 2 x HD5870 (especially in games like BFBC2). I WON'T be running eyefinity, will I come across issues with Crossfire and stuttering etc? Cheers in advance.

Why would you buy 2 5870 2GB cards in Crossfire, and not use them for eyefinity.

Just buy 2 5850's or 5870's or get a 5970. The 2GB does nothing at 1920x1200 or 2550X1600.
 
You mean just get two standard 5870's? As opposed to the 2GB variant?
 
You mean just get two standard 5870's? As opposed to the 2GB variant?

Yes, there is nothing different on the 5870 2gb and 5870 1gb, other then memory and the 6 mini DP connections.

The 5870 2GB was made for Eyefinity.....really no point getting them unless you go eyefinity (which you stated you wont)
 
The extra GB does actually do something, from what I've read it really improves your minimum FPS.
 
Back
Top