Crossfire "bridge" question

Alex Kron

n00b
:confused: Ok, so here I am looking to add up another card in my system.

I already have an X1650XT and looking to add up another one (yeah I know.. why not get a x1950Pro or wait for DX10.. cause I want to.. that's it!)

I've been looking for DAYS for the "length" or thoses little bridge (ATI Crossfire Interconnect bridge). Does anyone have the length of thoses things. I have a DFI CFX-3200 DR/G and the two slots are quite appart on the board, and I wonder if the bridge will be long enough for the gap.

Anyone?:confused:

i have a CF setup, using the flexible bridges on my x1950pros...i would say center to center, it's about 2"...my board is setup with a PCI-E x16, then a PCI, then the other x16 slot. if you're looking at two slots between the PCI-Express slots, then you can run a software CF mode, via the newest ATI drivers. This is also true for those of you with the old master/slave configuration. Everyone hated the dongle.

The only cards that really make any sense to go crossfire with right now are the x19xx series cards. the x16xx are dogs, plain and simple. If you're looking at a card, and need it below $175, go nvidia...period.

Back