• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

crossfire and power requirements question

groebuck

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
2,689
From what I can see -

I have a 4870 512 MB - I plan to either -

get two 4830's and crossfire them for 180

get another 4870 512mb and crossfire them

or get a 4850 x2 and just run that -


my question is - from what I can tell on power req's under load


that the x2 and 4830's crossfired are about similar in power needs and the two 4870's will be 550 watts underl load ( around 390 to 400 for x2 and 4830s')

given the prices (same amount for one more 4870 or 2 4830's) or chucking them and getting an x2 for about 250....

wth to do :)
 
Back
Top