Crossfire and Overdrive

nicepun

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
2,208
Hi Guys,

When Crossfire Mode is enabled and you turn on Overdrive, do both cards get Overdrived or just the Master Card? Thanks.

-Pun
 
nicepun said:
Hi Guys,

When Crossfire Mode is enabled and you turn on Overdrive, do both cards get Overdrived or just the Master Card? Thanks.

-Pun

Nope, only 1. You can change that by using a custom bios. here's a link to mine on:
Anandtech.com
 
gersson said:
Nope, only 1. You can change that by using a custom bios. here's a link to mine on:
Anandtech.com

I guess I'm gonna have to give ATiTool another try, I have my cards in a loop (watercooled) and it would a pain to get them in there one at a time. I guess I'm too lazy. :D
 
nicepun said:
I guess I'm gonna have to give ATiTool another try, I have my cards in a loop (watercooled) and it would a pain to get them in there one at a time. I guess I'm too lazy. :D

ATI Tool is a PITA. Flashing the Bios on the slave card and using Overdrive is a lot easier. It sounds scary, but its not.......I just have not got around to flashing mine. Maybe today.


ATI should come out with Overdrive that controls 2 cards independently.
 
Back
Top