Crossfire and multiple displays.

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
I have been searching on this but haven't been able to find a concrete answer.

I have a 5870 and use 3 displays in extended mode (Eyefinity off). I typically just play a game on the middle screen. The outside displays have other things like meters and webpages.

What I want to know is in crossfire mode would all three displays (Eyefinity off) have an image or would it only power the main display. All monitors would be connected to main GPU obviously.

Last edited:
CF mode doesn't change any of your monitor or configuration settings. At least none that I've seen. Unless obviously you are plugging things into GPU 2

It shouldn't change any of your extended desktop settings when in non-fullscreen game modes. Ie. SC2 borderless windowed with eyefinity/crossfire boots in the middle screen only (primary), and you can still see what's going on/alt+tab out and change it on the sides. I have noticed that when I play fullscreen 1920x1080 games with crossfire/eyefinity enabled, the outside monitors are automatically disabled. If I play a fullscreen 1920x1080 game without crossfire, it mirrors the image across all screens. 90% of the time I have crossfire enabled, so I like that feature.

Back