• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfire 7970, The Witcher 2, GTA4

S

sonsonate

Guest
Hello folks,

I'm playing at 2560*1440 and I have an overclocked (4.0GHz 2600K, RAID0 Spinpoints, 8GB 1800MHz RAM, etc) I am planning on buying at least one 7970 soon and one later on.

The two games I'm looking to play are GTA4 and The Witcher 2. What is the performance with 1-2 cards like with the 7970s at stock?

If anyone with a similar setup cares to answer, thanks in advance.
 
I would say look into a couple of 7950s and save some money. I love mine. They should be more than good enough for those games. Not sure if crossfire works well with the witcher 2 or not. I have the game and ill try it and see, if your interested.
 
Witcher 2 does nothing extra for me with 2 or 3 cards enabled ( im running 7970 tri-fire ) Its really sad how bad AMDs drivers are.
 
Witcher 2 does nothing extra for me with 2 or 3 cards enabled ( im running 7970 tri-fire ) Its really sad how bad AMDs drivers are.

Driver's is a recurring theme I hear over and over about AMD lately, this really sucks because I'm going to need a card sooner than I can wait for Kepler to drop and that leaves me in a peculiar predicament. :confused:
 
Driver's is a recurring theme I hear over and over about AMD lately, this really sucks because I'm going to need a card sooner than I can wait for Kepler to drop and that leaves me in a peculiar predicament. :confused:

Driver is a problem for multi cards only.


Still you can try and set AFR in the new catalyst but it will still depend on the game.
 
@Marcdaddy

What sort of frame rate (please include resolution) do you get with The Witcher 2? If one card does well with TW2 at 2560*1440 or 1600, then it's not a total fail, lol..



HEY, You could sell me two of those cards! :D With a $50 off the total price!
 
I have 7970 xfire and witcher 2 runs great, I get 99% gpu usage on both and framerates above 100 at ultra settings, no uber sampling. Not sure on GTA IV
 
Back
Top