• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crossfire, 2 monitors but no eyefinity

Hostile

Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
694
Currently I have my 24" Dell plugged into my top 6870 and my 19" Sony plugged into the bottom 6870.

I'd think it would not, but does it make a difference which card the 19" Sony is connected to?
 
Currently I have my 24" Dell plugged into my top 6870 and my 19" Sony plugged into the bottom 6870.

I'd think it would not, but does it make a difference which card the 19" Sony is connected to?

Both have to be plugged in to one card.

And you're not going to want to run Eyefinity in that configuration anyway. :)

Eyefinity will center the image so you'll be looking down the bezels as the center of the image. Always.

And I'm also gathering the 19" is a 4:3 where as the 24" is a 16:9/16:10. And Eyefinity won't allow you to group those.

If they aren't, you'll aslo have a 5" drop between the two monitors so nothing is going to line up across the monitors.

I think I'm done now...hahaha
 
no doesn't matter. the only thing it effects is the 2D clocks. single display = 153/300 or something like that and 2 monitors = 400/900(i think though it could be different on the 6k series now). when gaming it won't make a difference. also with each monitor connected the drivers won't shut off the second card to save power which means it won't screw with afterburner or your overclock if you have one.



Both have to be plugged in to one card.

And you're not going to want to run Eyefinity in that configuration anyway. :)

Eyefinity will center the image so you'll be looking down the bezels as the center of the image. Always.

And I'm also gathering the 19" is a 4:3 where as the 24" is a 16:9/16:10. And Eyefinity won't allow you to group those.

If they aren't, you'll aslo have a 5" drop between the two monitors so nothing is going to line up across the monitors.

I think I'm done now...hahaha

all that and he didn't even ask about running eyefinity.. lol he just made sure it was clear that he was NOT running eyefinity.
 
no doesn't matter. the only thing it effects is the 2D clocks. single display = 153/300 or something like that and 2 monitors = 400/900(i think though it could be different on the 6k series now). when gaming it won't make a difference. also with each monitor connected the drivers won't shut off the second card to save power which means it won't screw with afterburner or your overclock if you have one.

Thanks for the info. :D
 
all that and he didn't even ask about running eyefinity.. lol he just made sure it was clear that he was NOT running eyefinity.

*lmao*

Misleading thread title is misleading - too many people run around asking about setting up Eyefiniy crap, so I'm apparently just programmed to be in that mode.

Didn't even think to ask if that should have been, Crossfire, 2 monitors instead of Crossfire, 2 monitors but no eyefinity :D

And apparently I need a beer...sorry about that. *crawls back under rock*
 
The thread clearly states "but no eyefinity". There is nothing misleading about that...
 
Look pal, he SPECIFICALLY stated "no eyefinity". That's YOUR fault, not his so please don't turn this into something it's not.
 
Back
Top