Critque my pics

SpeedSlayer

Supreme [H]ardness
Some pics from the weekend (Using viewRaw, shrunk down to 40%)
DSC_0722.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

These are the only I liked that I have converted from RAW to JPG

The one with the red four-wheeler is great. Fantastic action shot.

Last pic is good, but something about the angle doesn't seem right.

I kinda liked the fire pic. Interesting lines with the pieces of wood and the red glow is nice.

I love that the pic with the bottle has a "please drink responsibly" label at the bottom. Whether or not you did that intentionally, it's still pretty funny.

The stars one is OK. I like those types of pics, but I find myself wishing the tree wasn't blurred the way it was. Probably not much to be done about it though.

The one I'm most critical of is the truck. I don't like that I can't see where it's going. At the moment, it's just kind of "there" with nothing really defining it.

Looks like you had a good time!

That was the wrong one:
DSC_0110.jpg

thats the one I watned to post, just not in B&W

one more macro

DSC_0720.jpg

If you cant notice, Becks was the choice for this weekends party

like i said on IRC channel i like the contrast of the becks bottle glass and paper

The first 4-wheeler shot is pretty good and I like the long exposure of the sky, otherwise they all seem sort of snap-shot like to me.

There's nothing wrong with that if you're just looking for a way to remember your weekend in a photo album, but from a photography perspective, they aren't particularly interesting, at least to me.

I only had this camera for 1 1/2 months. First time owning my truly own camera. So I still have a lot to learn. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for critqueing them tho

well, i think you are off to a good start. i hope i didn't come off as overly harsh, as you definitely seem to be looking for interesting things to shoot.

the picture of the fire probably should have been a bit wider, so you could see the subject in it's entirety, OR taken in further so that you could see more detail in the logs/flames. right now it seems kind of "half-way" to me. the broken bottle brings up the same feeling about the framing, in my opinion.

the bottlecap close up just seems sort of plain. maybe it would be better taken at an interesting angle with more depth of field?

these are definitely just my opinion though. i'm only a few months into shooting with my rebel xt and i don't think i'm very good at all, but i really enjoy going out and taking pictures regardless, and i hope you do too. what more can you ask of it?!

See you were up near Snowhole over the week-end. Like the first ATV like everyone. Second does need to be titlted a tad. Which camera are you using?

THe Aspen trees and, the broken beer bottle on the rock with lichen on it.Were you up here when it was raining like hell and, we were flooded here?

lol
Nope this past weekend was great. Only rained twice

Was there two weeks ago tho, and we got some nice amount of rain.Worse so far was last year august, HAILED for 1 HOUR STRAIGHT looked it was snowing outside.. except this snow hurt and it started as we were just about to start packing

Back