digitalgunfire
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 26, 2008
- Messages
- 317
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Web application development mostly but other work functions. No real heavy apps.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Isn't a hard budget but I want to keep it as low as possible.
3) Where do you live?
WI
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Entire PC (CPU, RAM, mobo, HD, video, case, power supply) with 3 displays, 1920x1080 minimum, 1920x1200 preferred. IPS would be nice but I can't pay too much of a premium.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
N/A
6) Will you be overclocking?
Nope
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Want 3 monitors, 1920x1080 minimum
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
2-3 weeks.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Nothing major, onboard LAN/sound, pretty standard
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I'll either get 64bit Win7 (in build) or 64bit Ubuntu.
I went with a board with onboard video + a 9500 for 3 monitors.
9500 GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814130378
Core i5-750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819115215
550W Corsair: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817139004
Card Reader: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820223103
Gigabyte H55 Board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128437
ASUS VW264H x3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236049
4GB G.Skill: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820231277
Win7: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16832116758
Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16827151188
1TB WD Caviar Black: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822136284
RC-690: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119137
Very open to suggestions, especially if it could save money to translate into better quality monitors.
Not really a set budget, just have to keep it reasonable (I don't want to ask for a $4000 computer)
I'd love to squeeze it down enough to get into three U2410s
Web application development mostly but other work functions. No real heavy apps.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Isn't a hard budget but I want to keep it as low as possible.
3) Where do you live?
WI
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Entire PC (CPU, RAM, mobo, HD, video, case, power supply) with 3 displays, 1920x1080 minimum, 1920x1200 preferred. IPS would be nice but I can't pay too much of a premium.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
N/A
6) Will you be overclocking?
Nope
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Want 3 monitors, 1920x1080 minimum
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
2-3 weeks.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Nothing major, onboard LAN/sound, pretty standard
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I'll either get 64bit Win7 (in build) or 64bit Ubuntu.
I went with a board with onboard video + a 9500 for 3 monitors.
9500 GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814130378
Core i5-750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819115215
550W Corsair: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817139004
Card Reader: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820223103
Gigabyte H55 Board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128437
ASUS VW264H x3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236049
4GB G.Skill: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820231277
Win7: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16832116758
Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16827151188
1TB WD Caviar Black: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822136284
RC-690: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119137
Very open to suggestions, especially if it could save money to translate into better quality monitors.
Not really a set budget, just have to keep it reasonable (I don't want to ask for a $4000 computer)
I'd love to squeeze it down enough to get into three U2410s