Crimson 17.10.2 12GPU Gaming/Mining Driver

Ha --- there's this added:

• Radeon Software now supports compute workloads for up to 12 installed Radeon RX 400, Radeon RX 500 or Radeon RX Vega series graphics products on Windows®10 system configuration.

and then this in the known issues:

• A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.

---------------

razor1 , you gonna try a 12 AMD GPU system on a Biostar TB250BTC-Pro board?

or even one of those Asus 250 BTC Mining Pro boards that support 19 GPU?

11 AMD cards and 8 Nvdia cards or 12 AMD cards and 7 Nvidia cards.

I think I might try it sooner or later.

at this point I've stopped buying GPU's, cause of waiting on Volta. But yeah I will be doing that after Volta comes out. Just makes management a lot easier. But again, going to keep the same type of cards on one motherboard just for ease of use.

at this point I've stopped buying GPU's, cause of waiting on Volta. But yeah I will be doing that after Volta comes out. Just makes management a lot easier. But again, going to keep the same type of cards on one motherboard just for ease of use.
100% agreed on the keeping identical cards, vs. piece-mealing them in with whatever is on sale at the time.

At this point in time my two Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 8GB RX580's are the most stable card I've mined with. They haven't crashed a single time. (I only have two of them so that probably helps -- but other cards can crash on the systems, while those two cards just keep right on going --- even as the other adjacent cards encounter errors). My 1060's and 1080TI's crash every few days to a weekish. My Vegas crashed every few days or so. The RX580's are steady. Not sure if it's a more mature driver set (mining drivers) with NiceHash, the lower quantity, or what that makes the RX580's so resilient ---- but I like it.

I don't have any crashes per say on any of my systems, but I just have them to auto reboot every 24 hours just to be on the safe side. I do get network failures every now and then usually once every 2 days, jut the modem getting clogged up.

I am the lucky one. No crashes or reboots. Knock on wood. A lot of 1070's mining stable. I was worried when I first started and had to leave them to go to me real job. But I was able to monitor them on my phone on my breaks. I now check them just once when I am at work. I am using SMOS.

drivers not good for mining, looks like the block chain fixes are in these drivers.
My hash rates dropped to 140- 150, it could be that afterburner isn't working with these drivers too,

Also says there is an option to select between graphics and compute workloads in Radeon Settings. I'm not seeing that option for my 390X, even though they say it's supported.

Also says there is an option to select between graphics and compute workloads in Radeon Settings. I'm not seeing that option for my 390X, even though they say it's supported.
A friend of mine read it’s only for RX4 and RX5 series.

That mode gives his 570s 2mhs more in stock config. I don’t see it with Vega either.

A friend of mine read it’s only for RX4 and RX5 series.

That mode gives his 570s 2mhs more in stock config. I don’t see it with Vega either.

Then they updated their notes, because this is what was originally posted by AMD.

GPU Workload

A new toggle in Radeon Settings that can be found under the "Gaming", "Global Settings" options. This toggle will allow you to switch optimization between graphics or compute workloads on select Radeon RX 500, Radeon RX 400, Radeon R9 390, Radeon R9 380, Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 285 series graphics products.

Back