Crimson 16.2 hotfix is out

eloj

2[H]4U
Desktop

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2 Highlights

AMD has partnered with Stardock in association with Oxide to bring gamers Ashes of the Singularity – Benchmark 2.0 the first benchmark to release with DirectX® 12 benchmarking capabilities such as Asynchronous Compute, multi-GPU and multi-threaded command buffer Re-ordering. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2 is optimized to support this exciting new release.

The SteamVR Performance Test: we are pleased to report that our Radeon R9 390, Nano, and Fury series GPUs are all able to achieve 'VR Recommended' status, the highest achievable level of experience possible. In addition to that, our affinity multi-GPU feature is already showing significant performance uplift over a single GPU on Radeon cards in the aforementioned benchmark

Performance and quality improvements for
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ashes of the Singularity – Benchmark 2

Crossfire Profiles available for
The Division
XCOM 2

thnx! btw, this release has mantle built in. not that we can really use it yet... oh and initial dx12 mgpu support, amd/NVidia slifire!

You mean Vulkan. I had the beta driver installed before so I couldn't really tell if it was a leftover from that or not, and they haven't updated Radeon Settings to report the version number.

Added SteamVR multi-GPU support? Nice! Will have to test that later.

Later...

Awesome! These drivers make my 280x cards VR Ready! :)

16.2.1 is out, looks like just a crossfire profile for Far Cry Primal.

more than just a cf profile...16.2.1 AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Highlights

• Crossfire Profile available for
    • Far Cry Primal
Resolved Issues

• A black screen/TDR error may be encountered when booting a system with Intel + AMD graphics and an HDMI monitor connected
  • Choppy gameplay may be experienced when both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ are both enabled
  • Display corruption may be observed after keeping system idle for some time
  • Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled
  • Fallout 4 - Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
  • Fallout 4 - Screen tearing in systems with both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled if game is left idle for a short period of time
  • Fallout 4 - Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
  • Far Cry 4 - Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled
  • FRTC options are displayed on some unsupported laptop configurations with Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes fails to launch with a "Context Creation Error" message
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Corruption can be observed at some locations during gameplay
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Lara Croft's hair may flicker in some locations if the Esc key is pressed
  • Rise of Tomb Raider™ - A TDR error may be observed with some AMD Radeon 300 Series products after launching the "Geothermal Valley" mission
  • The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
  • World of Warcraft runs extremely slowly in quad crossfire at high resolutions
Known Issues

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
  • Cannot enable AMD Crossfire with some dual GPU AMD Radeon HD 59xx and HD 79xx series products
  • Fallout 4 - In game stutter may be experienced if the game is launched with AMD Crossfire enabled
  • XCOM 2 - Flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled
  • Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption

can you post a screenshot of the software menu? If its older drivers than what i already using, i might as well pass.
Im just curious if anythings newer.
Capture3_zpsptostfs7.png

according page:

Package Contents
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver contains the following:

• AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Driver Version 15.301.1901

I know what u mean So I think it's a big pass, however I think im gona redo the process with these + Vulkan drivers as you did because I suffered from the display corruption after long idle which is annoying as it force me to restart both machines and they are 24/7 machines so its kinda annoying.

according page:

I know what u mean So I think it's a big pass, however I think im gona redo the process with these + Vulkan drivers as you did because I suffered from the display corruption after long idle which is annoying as it force me to restart both machines and they are 24/7 machines so its kinda annoying.

yup

Back