Creative Z5500's and cellphone causing a morse code beeping

sdk

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know why this is happening, or if its a known problem or anything but google found nothing. I have a Motorola V635 and Z5500s and whenever I get a call or a text message and my cellphone is anywhere on my computer desk I will get a beep beep de beep beep beep somewhat like morse code if you will, thats the kind of beeping that I get. The interested part is this will happen for 2-3 seconds THEN my phone will ring or I'll get a incomming text message. I am not complaning or anything, I think its cool and I always know when I am getting a phone call even if my phone is on vibrate. I am just wondering as to why this would be happening. Its pretty cool IMO. I have a SB Audigy 2 as my sound card. I was thinking it could be from the speakers and the cellphone signal interfeeing with the subwoofer or the power adapter or something.

Also if this is the wrong section please feel free to move it, I thought this was the most appropriate.

In or around my computer desk. I just tried it with my home phone calling my cellphone and it didn't do it, but then I sent my self a text message from another phone and asked a friened to call me on his phone and it did it. The phone was on my desk and as if on queue it happened. Anyone else had this happen to them before?

I don't know why it's happening either, but you are not the only one this happens to. If my cell phone is within 8 -10 FEET of my speakers on my desk, I get that same effect. The only problem is that it's extremely loud and startling. It also happens when my phone updates the time off the network, which it tends to do in the wee morning hours. It's always nice to be woken up at 4 am by hellish, horrifying and deafening sound blasting from your speakers.

The same thing happens to my speakers, headphones, and an old CRT TV, so I just try to avoid having my cellphone near them. Keeping the cellphone at least 3-4 feet away seems to prevent the problem for me.

This is incredibly common with cell phones actually. I dont know why it happens, but I have seen this phenomonon for a LONG time.

Xaeon said:
I don't know why it's happening either, but you are not the only one this happens to. If my cell phone is within 8 -10 FEET of my speakers on my desk, I get that same effect. The only problem is that it's extremely loud and startling. It also happens when my phone updates the time off the network, which it tends to do in the wee morning hours. It's always nice to be woken up at 4 am by hellish, horrifying and deafening sound blasting from your speakers.

Simple solution: turn off your speakers at night.

Zero82z said:
Z5500's are extremely easy to turn off. My old speakers only has a switch behind the sub...you've got a remote. Easy solution.

to answer the question its youe cellphone updateing for some reason the signals get projected through our pc speakers i noticed a few years back when i had my phone next to mine there inst anything you camn due to stop it but keeping the phone away from your speakers ive also heard it through my headphones

its not going to effect your hardware so no woories it may be a lil annoying at times if your phone updates every half hour lkike my old nokia did

Zero82z said:

I should have been more clear. I don't have z5500's.
Anyways, I've gotten into the habit of putting my cell down quite far from my speakers at night, so if the noise even happens it's barely audible.

Funny thing is, it only happens with my current Nokia. If I take the sim card out and put it in my old Nokia, nothing happens no matter how close it is.

Back