Creative Xtrememusic connect to front panel audio jacks

Pretzel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
266
Is there a way to connect the xtrememusic to my front panel audio jacks without being a certified electrician? I saw this blog.. http://audigy2zshowto.blogspot.com/

Or is there a adapter I can pick up somewhere..

I'd rather use my audio jacks because I have the Antec p180 case and If I put in the creative front panel I'd have to have the door open all the time. pic of the front of my case
 
Unless someone sells such connectors in ebay..., you may try like this.
http://www.frontx.com/cpx517.html
http://www.frontx.com/cpx073.html

Back may not be beautiful because of connection, but it works and you don't need work by yourself.

PS - company seems in Malaysia, so they send next day, but it takes some time to be delivered (it took two weeks to me). They send tracking number, but it is almost hard to track in post office either in Malaysia and US.
 
Thanks for the links... will any of the X-Fi's connect to a cases front panel audio? I may need to just get another card.
 
LOL, no worries. Was just trying to use the p180 cases audio ports because I'd always have to keep the door open with headphones connected otherwise.

I did read that the Xtremegamer connects to the front panel but only supports the standard 2x5pin Intel HD Audio conform layout. It is not compatible with AC97 or Intel-compatible HD Front Panel Audio.

I assume the p180 wouldn't connect to this either. :(
 
Pretzel said:
LOL, no worries. Was just trying to use the p180 cases audio ports because I'd always have to keep the door open with headphones connected otherwise.

I did read that the Xtremegamer connects to the front panel but only supports the standard 2x5pin Intel HD Audio conform layout. It is not compatible with AC97 or Intel-compatible HD Front Panel Audio.

I assume the p180 wouldn't connect to this either. :(

I thought new x-fi could connect hd (azalia) front panel connector... no...?
Anyway, you already have extrememusic. It is not important to you, I guess.

... I think it is hard to get new soundcard better than x-fi extrememusic with front panel connector.
New auzentech x-meridian has ac'97 compatible connector, but highly pricely.
 
Back
Top