• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Creative X-fi XtremeMusic

ZeusKOTG

n00b
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
14
I am contemplating on buying the X-fi I/O Drive upgrade kit. I currently have the digital i/o module that I use to connect to my crappy Sony str dg510 A/V Receiver for when I want to watch movies on my TV and when I game I use my JVC HA-RX700's. When using the digital i/o module to my receiver(using coaxial), It always comes in as 2.0 no matter the movie or show I have in my dvd drive or hdd. I put the x-fi settings to 5.1 but usually still comes in at 2.0 to the receiver. So I was possibly thinking that buying the i/o drive upgrade kit, I have a dedicated spot for my jvc's and possibly using the kit to connect to my a/v reciever. Is it worth it?
 
won't give you 5.1, for that, you need the Creative Dolby Digital Live/DTS Connect pack for X-Fi, which is around $4

then just enable your encoding solution (DDL or DTSC) and you'll have 5.1 via S/PDIF for games

for movies, the card can already do S/PDIF passthrough, meaning AC-3 and DTS audio tracks in 5.1 can be passed untouched by the card along to your receiver for decoding, although this requires having stuff with 5.1 encoding (music will not be 5.1, and so on, if you want to resample things from stereo to 5.1, you need CMSS enabled, and the DDL/DTSC pack)
 
Back
Top