• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Creative X-FI xtreme music?

VE2007

Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
703
Hi everyone,

I like to upgrade my Audigy 2 to the X-FI xtreme music, but how do I know if I am
getting the new version and not the old X-FI with no heat sink on the processor? :confused:
 
I have the "old one" and have no problems......had it for over a year.

I dont think you'll have to worry.

On mine, you can clearly see the X-Fi branded chip. I suppose on the new one there's a small sink over the chip.

If you go to newegg and look at the pics of the music vs the fatality, you'll see a small heatsink over the chip. I cant believe the music is only 59 bucks now vs the 129 I paid!!

You'll like the X-Fi whether it has a sink or not. Its a good card.
 
magoo said:
I have the "old one" and have no problems......had it for over a year.

I dont think you'll have to worry.

On mine, you can clearly see the X-Fi branded chip. I suppose on the new one there's a small sink over the chip.

If you go to newegg and look at the pics of the music vs the fatality, you'll see a small heatsink over the chip. I cant believe the music is only 59 bucks now vs the 129 I paid!!

You'll like the X-Fi whether it has a sink or not. Its a good card.

Thanks I will do that in Australia thanks again for you info
 
Back
Top