Creative X-Fi Vista Software Released!!!

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
The only catch is you got to buy their new high end sound card.

Creative really screw their customers.

Heard someone released a image of it called
Creative_X-fi_for_Vista-ISO-CRM-2007

Also new drivers of x-fi is out today that is freely to download on creative website.

Well i dont think creative will ever release lower than x-fi software on vista. only some sucky drivers

If I knew Creative was continuing development on Audigy2 drivers, that'd make my day. I don't care about Alchemy, I just want drivers with working Dolby decoding and stereo surround.

Dolby decoding I don't think you are ever going to see. The Vista audio model kinda precludes that form happening in hardware since it receives the audio stream post mixing (and thus post decoding). Decoding is done in the application instead.

The new prelude has this ability but, it is done in software I am pretty sure as you said.;)

i finish getting it today and it does seem legit.

I installed it on my vista x64 and try my sound blaster.

Still flexjack not working correctly but some stuff tend to sound and work better now.

Installed new driver and new suite, everything is working perfectly. And it is possible to activate DolbyDigital & DTS decoding in Vista. All you need to do is to replace ctac32k.sys in System32/drivers from Dell driver. Why Creative make it functional for Dell and not for the others I don't know. I did that and get one more tab for decoders in Creative panel.
First download the latest drivers from Creative: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
then update to newr version via WIndows update.
Download the drivers from http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R144728.EXE then u a program like winrar to extract that exe file to a folder, there should be the folder path /drivers/wdm/win2k_xp then in there if you have 32 bit vista, use the folder i386, if you have 64-bit vista use the folder amd64 copy the file ctac32k.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers (overwrite if necessary). Then, restart the computer. Go to device manager, make sure you have it set to display hidden devices. Look for Creative AC3 Software Decoder. Double click that. Then on one of the tabs there should be a start/stop button. Make sure you stop it then start it again.
Now you can choose either to download new Creative VIsta X-Fi suite or YouP-PAX X-Fi2 suite http://youppax.shcsclan.com/YouP-PAX-X-FI2007.rar
and install what you desire except audio drivers, you already got them.
And enjoy.

Installed new driver and new suite, everything is working perfectly. And it is possible to activate DolbyDigital & DTS decoding in Vista. All you need to do is to replace ctac32k.sys in System32/drivers from Dell driver. Why Creative make it functional for Dell and not for the others I don't know. I did that and get one more tab for decoders in Creative panel.
First download the latest drivers from Creative: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
Download the drivers from http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R144728.EXE then u a program like winrar to extract that exe file to a folder, there should be the folder path /drivers/wdm/win2k_xp then in there if you have 32 bit vista, use the folder i386, if you have 64-bit vista use the folder amd64 copy the file ctac32k.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers (overwrite if necessary). Then, restart the computer. Go to device manager, make sure you have it set to display hidden devices. Look for Creative AC3 Software Decoder. Double click that. Then on one of the tabs there should be a start/stop button. Make sure you stop it then start it again.
Now you can choose either to download new Creative VIsta X-Fi suite or YouP-PAX X-Fi2 suite http://youppax.shcsclan.com/YouP-PAX-X-FI2007.rar
And enjoy.

Thanks for all the good info here, last night I downloaded and installed the X-FI suite for vista and the new drivers. I have not had a chance to play with them as of yet.

Would you recommend the YouP-Pax set or the Creative Suite for mainly gaming and listing to music/watching tv purposes?

I also got my a set of X5500 today taht will hopefully compliment my setup!

Honestly, I see no difference between this two suites. As much as I understand YouP-Pax is released few months ago and that is Creative Vista X-FI Suite only some kind of RC or RTM release. I installed Creative's suite, so far so good.

gvlada: The new one has a few less bugs basically. I'd found a couple things in the Pax suite that could make it crash, and some that needed admin that shouldn't. That's fixed in the new one. Also, the new one runs directly from its installer, doesn't need a loader. Same software, just a newer revision.

With the latest drivers form the website, the latest CD, and ALchemy you are now getting something that's close to what you got in XP. Still not 100% problem free, but reasonable.

And enjoy.

I did the above and after I restarted the computer I was unable to find the "Creative AC3 Software Decoder" even after I showed hidden devices. All I have found is:

Sound, video and game controlers
--Creative SB X-Fi

Non-Plug and Play Drivers
--Creative 20X HAL Driver
--Creative OS Services Driver
--Creative Proxy Driver
--Creative SoundFont Management Device Driver

Do I have to force it to show uninstalled devices?

Thanks.

And enjoy.

I installed the newest X-Fi drivers, then when I copied the ctac32k.sys file and restarted, Windows said no audio device was installed. I looked in the device manager and found the AC3 software decoder and it said it was working properly...but not the sound card.

I reinstalled the drivers again, and the AC3 software decoder is still listed, but it says it's not working properly.

I have an X-fi extremegamer and Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Any ideas?

Seriously this company has it's head so far up it's ass it's amazed me and hasn't changed for the past 8 years. Does anyone have a link to the 32bit XP drivers? Seriously wtf is with this goddamn company. Oh here buy our overpriced sound cards but if you dont have the cd with you well your shit out of luck. :mad:

Looking for my X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro

Download the ISO here:

http://files.filefront.com/Creative_X_Fi_Installation_CD/;7678264;/fileinfo.html

I was using the YouP-PAX suite for Vista but happy to report I no longer need it, the newly burned CD from the ISO works just like how the original worked in XP. Everything that I use is working perfectly!

1. Uninstalled YouP-PAX and all Creative.
2. Installed the latest driver.
3. Installed new app suite (unchecked audio driver install...using custom install)
4. Enjoying working apps.....

Download the ISO here:

http://files.filefront.com/Creative_X_Fi_Installation_CD/;7678264;/fileinfo.html

I was using the YouP-PAX suite for Vista but happy to report I no longer need it, the newly burned CD from the ISO works just like how the original worked in XP. Everything that I use is working perfectly!

1. Uninstalled YouP-PAX and all Creative.
2. Installed the latest driver.
3. Installed new app suite (unchecked audio driver install...using custom install)
4. Enjoying working apps.....

I just installed the software from that iso and everything works just fine, I already had the latest driver installed. I am happy to have everything back to the way it was on XP now with Vista.:D

EAX is already supported in Vista via OpenAL. EAX is not able to function with DirectSound because it was built upon a feature that is no longer present in Vista. To make a long story short, this is not the fault of Creative.

Creative's already released drivers for the rest of the model line, including the Audigy 2 ZS, but not the associated software (save for the Audio Console). This support is free of charge. ALchemy is not a driver, but a means of wrapping DS calls into OpenAL for hardware acceleration, and Creative is not obligated to provide that free of charge.

I agree - Audigy 2 ZS is old hardware and providing a brand new interpreter to provide hardware acceleration EAX using DirectSound on Vista is going above and beyond the call of duty.

Okay sooo to make this easy come Monday can you guys link me to the driver and the working suite I'm a little confused since some worked and some didn't. Upgrading to Vista 64bit

Installed new driver and new suite, everything is working perfectly. And it is possible to activate DolbyDigital & DTS decoding in Vista. All you need to do is to replace ctac32k.sys in System32/drivers from Dell driver. Why Creative make it functional for Dell and not for the others I don't know.

Interesting, but I was under the assumption that you could activate Dolby digital with the latest drivers without any hacks? All the info I got was from the creative forums, Vista section. First I enabled SPDIF in the vista control panel/sound/speakers tab, and then I set SPDIF to default mode. Meaning moving the green check from speakers to SPDIF which is right under it.

Then I moved to entertainment mode, turned my receiver from 6 channel direct to Dolby Digital mode then popped in a DVD. I opened Power DVD vista edition and selected SPDIF from audio options and started the movie and the info tab told me it was playing in Dolby Digital 5.1 and from what I could hear, it was.

So what the differnence with what I did and the workaround you provide? If there is something I am missing here then I will try it.

jzodda: You are using the spdif output instead of having the X-Fi do the DD/DTS decoding. The problem is that in Vista the hardware decoding on the card doesn't work due to the way Vista implements it's sound calls in the api. If you use the spdif out with an external decoder all you are doing is passing the PCM audio from the card to your receiver and th recevier is decoding it to DD/DTS.

jzodda: You are using the spdif output instead of having the X-Fi do the DD/DTS decoding. The problem is that in Vista the hardware decoding on the card doesn't work due to the way Vista implements it's sound calls in the api. If you use the spdif out with an external decoder all you are doing is passing the PCM audio from the card to your receiver and th recevier is decoding it to DD/DTS.

Ahhh I see. So if I did what you suggested then the card itself can do the decoding?

Here comes the inevitable stupid question :D

Which one do I want doing the decoding? Or is the only way to know is to try them both out?

Um this is sort of rediculous. Why the hell doesn't Creative just release working software and drivers. Same shit different day. It boggles my mind how this company is still in business. Anyone have an idea when working software that you dont have to hack will be coming out?

Ahhh I see. So if I did what you suggested then the card itself can do the decoding?

Here comes the inevitable stupid question :D

Which one do I want doing the decoding? Or is the only way to know is to try them both out?

Matter of personal opinion really. I perfer my Z-5500's do the decoding or my Pioneer ELITE VSX-81TXV receiver. Again just my personal opinion.

this decoding stuff, If I dont do it will it have any affect on my sound quality with my 5300s? Or does it do something else?

Ok, so I got the DELL OEM Xtrememusic. Anyone here ever got the decoder tab to appear in the audio console? What did you do? I'm on Windows XP SP2 By the way

Ok, so I got the DELL OEM Xtrememusic. Anyone here ever got the decoder tab to appear in the audio console? What did you do? I'm on Windows XP SP2 By the way

If you read the first several posts, it explains to use the Dell drivers... just like I mentioned in your thread. If that doesn't work, then Dell didn't pay Dolby license, and you can't. Unless you can somehow get Daniel_K's drivers.

Back