Creative X-fi FPS for $73.99 FS

If you don't have one and don't want to pay the extra $75 for the new professional pcie series, this is a pretty good deal since this model has xram.

Bought this last week when it was shell shocker at about this price, along with the Fatal1ty head phones, works great

I use an Audigy LS with either two $20 speakers or a $40 pair of light headphones. Will I notice a huge difference with this card?

My Audigy seems perfectly fine, but the reviewers claim sound is so much clearer. Are these differences noticeable to the average ear, or are the reviewers audiophiles who pay attention to low-front signal modulation?

You will notice a difference. Especially on gaming but even music, the X-FI crystalizer definately has a dramatic effect on movies and music. Even headphones has a big change you will notice. I would recommend an X-Fi to anyone who uses sound and can't afford the $200-$300 high quality DAC cards.

If you don't play games, you don't need the gamer version with x-ram and can get a generic x-fi card for about $40 if you look hard.

Very nice. Was looking to grab a X-Fi to replace the onboard sound I currently use (Realtek). Glad I didn't pull the trigger on woot for the generic X-Fi. Good deal! Thanks.

You will notice a difference. Especially on gaming but even music, the X-FI crystalizer definately has a dramatic effect on movies and music. Even headphones has a big change you will notice. I would recommend an X-Fi to anyone who uses sound and can't afford the $200-$300 high quality DAC cards.

If you don't play games, you don't need the gamer version with x-ram and can get a generic x-fi card for about $40 if you look hard.

+1

I would get this version though to make sure you get the X-Fi DSP.

With these deals that are popping up, does this mean new cards are soon to be released? Good deal either way.

I actually broke down and bought the new Titanium X-Fi for the Dolby encoding so we'll see if it was worth the upgrade, seeing as I already have a first edition xtreme-music card.

Good deal almost all motherboards will at least have one pci slot for the foreseeable future.

I'm in for one good deal.

Damn... should have got it. My Audigy 2 is starting to flake out :(

Looks like a lot of people who got in on the deal are putting them on eBay for around $100. Nice little markup for them and a nice break from the usual $150 retail price.

Back