• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Creative X Fi drive bay front panel thing...

buffbiff21

Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,014
To anyone who owns and uses this thing, how does it hook up to the system?

im thinkin about buying either this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102190

or this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102189

I plan on using the front panel for guitar recording. (not directly plugged in, i have a SM57 sittin in front of my amp)
If anyone owns one of these, could you let me know how it hooks up? (i.e. ide, usb, sata, firewire, through the x fi card...)

thanks
 
The I/O drive conects to the X-Fi card with a ribbon cable (similar to an IDE one) from the AD_LINK header in the back of the card.
 
HSE said:
The I/O drive conects to the X-Fi card with a ribbon cable (similar to an IDE one) from the AD_LINK header in the back of the card.

Dont forget it has to be powered. It has the same connector as a floppy drive.
 
For music creation, you need a soundcard with low-latency inputs. So far I only saw this thread regarding the latency issue with x-fi cards. It could be just a driver issue, or it could be inherent to x-fi hardware. I would suggest you look into this carefully before buying.
 
Ahriman4891 said:
For music creation, you need a soundcard with low-latency inputs. So far I only saw this thread regarding the latency issue with x-fi cards. It could be just a driver issue, or it could be inherent to x-fi hardware. I would suggest you look into this carefully before buying.

Thanks for the heads up!

However I highly doubt this will be an issue. Even though I have an awesome surroud setup, my 280 Marshall speaker cab takes the cake. I dont plan on using my 5.1 speakers for guitar, hence the SM57 in front of the amp. I HOPE
l dont have to worry about it....
 
So you do the listening part through your amp, and just run an input cable to the x-fi? Should not be a problem then.
 
Back
Top