• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative X-Fi and Emu 0404: Conflicts

Nizmatik

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
101
I seem to be having some confliction between my Creative X-Fi Extreme Music and Emu 0404. I have never had any issues with two soundcards installed. Prior to this I had a Audigy 2 ZS with my 0404 installed with no problems. Also had a M-Audio Revolution 7.1 with my Emu installed also without any problems. The problem isn't such that the cards 'don't work' but I can't seem to shutdown my PC. Installing them and getting sound from them both is fine, however everytime I try to shutdown the PC is basically hangs.

This is what I have done (after a fresh install of XP):

1. Installed X-Fi first. Then 0404 drivers. Did not 'overwrite' files. Cannot shutdown PC.
2. Installed 0404 first. Then X-Fi drivers. Same problem.

There is definately some conflict between the cards as my PC will shutdown fine if I disable the 0404 through device manager. Turn it back on and then cannot shut down the PC. Also just to note, the problem occurs mainly when the drivers are installed. If both cards are not recognized in device manager it will still shutdown without any problems.

Any insight on this? I'm sure people around here have both the X-Fi and 0404 installed together, seems like a common combination.
 
I just recently installed an X-Fi XM and 0404 and I have the same problem. The system doesn't actually hang; it just takes a long time (>1min) to shut down. From what I've read, it has something to do with the X-Fi headphone sensing driver, and there isn't anything that can be done about it. It's pretty annoying, but everything should work fine if you're willing to wait a couple of minutes whenever you shut down your computer.
 
Thanks for that.
Yeah I noticed that. My system has shutdown once (I think it was less then 1 min) but everytime after that it seemed to take longer then that. I guess I will just have to live with it since nothing can be done about it. Currently have my Emu disabled, bit of a shame since I would like to use both of them working without the shutdown issue.
 
Back
Top