creative vista situation

Sesheron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
201
Ok. So appearantly the people over at creative are really lazy and are having a hard time getting their cards to work with vista. Vista audio with on board sound is pretty decent, but I have one of those motherboards that rana couple too many power circuits near the sound ports. So i get static from the system using more power. For example, if i turn the sound up a tad and stop all sound (i.e. music etc) I can hear when the processor is working from the power it pulls.

So I have a creative soundblaster 24bit Live! card to fix crappy on board sound. But the xp drivers cause my vista install to become unstable and they ask for updates on the drivers. The current beta drivers from creative can't even detect my hardware so they won't install.

Creative needs to get to work.
 
no no no they don't need new drivers just new VISTA SOUNDCARDS!!

mo $$ mo $$ mo $$!!!

lol seriously wtf is the holdup? vista has only been in development for FIVE YEARS!!
 
Hey Sesheron
I was having the same problem you described with my Audigy2 ZS. I installed vista and then attemped to install the latest Creative drivers for Vista and it installed the audio console thing but could not detect the hardware :( I tryed like 5 times and still nothing. So I went ahead and downloaded some old KX sound drivers and they worked but they only provided 2channel stereo sound which is no good for my Z-5500's. So I uninstalled them using the uninstall driver method, then again tryed to install the Creative Driver and to my amazment it worked properly. I know have full 5.1 audio and it detects the sound card as my Audigy2 ZS. Also Im not sure if this is related or not but when I uninstalled KX drivers I also noticed my Vista was not activated officially yet so I did that then restarted and installed creative drivers.

Hope this helps
 
People used to have that same issue with Creative drivers under WinXP. It is nice to know that Creative is consistent in their driver structures.
Some times Beta drivers need to be finessed. You don't have full surround supprt?
 
OpenAL is pretty different you know...things take time.:rolleyes:
 
OpenAL is pretty different you know...things take time.:rolleyes:
What the heck does OpenAL have to do with Creative sound issues? OpenAL is available on multiple platforms and is an open standard. That works when utilized by software and isn't the issue here. Microsoft changed the underlying structure of the sound system, moved the majority of the processing into user mode and dropped DS3D. Anyway, the problem lies with companies that have weaved a nasty web of inefficient code and they have to work through all of it to get it to work properly on Vista. In Creatives case it had to be inefficient or else people wouldn't be writing drivers for the Audigy cards to get better sound and lower ASIO latency from them.

Creative admitted that XP was more relaxed in it's timings and the move to Vista has revealed issues with Creatives driver code that they have to fix. Now that's nice to know but how long ago did they realize this and why is it taking so long to get a finished product out the door?

I hear Kx drivers 3538m are pretty good in Vista but I haven't had a chance to install them yet. 3539 is supposed to FULLY support Vista but I didn't see an ETA for that. Has anyone here moved to the Kx 3538l or 3538m drivers? What is your impression, did it improve audio quality and gaming performance in Vista?

I know it's a really really really long shot but I long for the day when manufacturers of computer components actually support their products in a timely fashion and release software that works properly the first time around.
 
What the heck does OpenAL have to do with Creative sound issues? OpenAL is available on multiple platforms and is an open standard. That works when utilized by software and isn't the issue here. Microsoft changed the underlying structure of the sound system, moved the majority of the processing into user mode and dropped DS3D. Anyway, the problem lies with companies that have weaved a nasty web of inefficient code and they have to work through all of it to get it to work properly on Vista. In Creatives case it had to be inefficient or else people wouldn't be writing drivers for the Audigy cards to get better sound and lower ASIO latency from them.

Creative admitted that XP was more relaxed in it's timings and the move to Vista has revealed issues with Creatives driver code that they have to fix. Now that's nice to know but how long ago did they realize this and why is it taking so long to get a finished product out the door?

I hear Kx drivers 3538m are pretty good in Vista but I haven't had a chance to install them yet. 3539 is supposed to FULLY support Vista but I didn't see an ETA for that. Has anyone here moved to the Kx 3538l or 3538m drivers? What is your impression, did it improve audio quality and gaming performance in Vista?

I know it's a really really really long shot but I long for the day when manufacturers of computer components actually support their products in a timely fashion and release software that works properly the first time around.

Keep dreaming if you think driver support will happen in a timely fashion.:rolleyes:
 
Keep dreaming if you think driver support will happen in a timely fashion.:rolleyes:
Well, I'm not holding my breath but it is a little wish of mine.

Anyone here with Kx driver experience in Vista?
 
Check again...

Creative has Vista drivers available for X-Fi and even Audigy 2. Don't use the auto update feature, go to the downloads section. They work great, installed them last night.

Also, for X-Fi, the product selection path is a little confusing becuase they have a X-Fi category with a sound blaster sub-category, which does not have the drivers, and then they have a Sound Blaster category with a X-Fi sub-category that does have the drivers for Vista...
 
stonejaw-
I will try that when i get home from classes.

I just want to thank everyone for the 'responss' ::looks pointedly at spaceman::

spaceman-
see even though it has been in development for '5 years' things change so much so often. especially with this entire new approach to sound. it is a waste of programmers time to make drivers for code that might change the next day. it is why they wait until near release to begin
 
So what? Creative still is known to DRAAAAAAG their feet with drivers which have been PLAGUED with issues.

I have a problem with the gaming monopolies of EA and Creative b/c they code like blind hamsters.
 
Back
Top