Creative T20 vs T12

Astrowind

Weaksauce
I finally found the difference between the two. Last night I listened to different songs like...

Blue Foundations - Eyes on Fire
Billie Eilish - Bellyache
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?
OTT - Smoked Glass and Chrome
Ozzy Osborne - No More Tears
Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore
Run DMC - Proud to Be Black

At 1:40 on Bellyache, I heard distortion on the T12 that I tried to rectify by putting my finger on the speakers but it didn't help. So, I guess that separating different frequencies in a 2-way really does correct the problem of a fullrange driver.* Other than that, usually on lower power levels the T12 actually sounds similar to the T20 (to me anyway). So people could actually save money by buying the T12 although I want to buy the T20 for my mother's xmas gift. (EDIT: I changed my opinion, I want to buy the JBL One Series 104 instead. EDIT AGAIN Maybe I'll save money by buying the T12 lol. EDIT AGAIN: I concluded the JBL 104 have a more natural sound so I think I'll go with those after all.)

*I had spent months reading comments on diyaudio on debates between fullrange, 2-way and 3-way. Technically, 3-way might be superior although good ones are likely more expensive. So a 2-way (woofer-tweeter combination) looks like a good compromise.

Last edited:
A 3-way can achieve near-full range and a flat power response. A 2-way you can choose either a flat power response or more bass extension, to get close to a 3-way in both with a 2-way you really need a large woofer and a gigantic waveguide/horn loaded-tweeter.

The closest we have to an ideal today is a 3-way coaxial, in terms of uniform dispersion, driver integration, listening window response, and flat sound power. My hope is to one day own the Genelec 8351B ;)

A 3-way can achieve near-full range and a flat power response. A 2-way you can choose either a flat power response or more bass extension, to get close to a 3-way in both with a 2-way you really need a large woofer and a gigantic waveguide/horn loaded-tweeter.

The closest we have to an ideal today is a 3-way coaxial, in terms of uniform dispersion, driver integration, listening window response, and flat sound power. My hope is to one day own the Genelec 8351B ;)

:D i just ordered a pair of those

Back