Creative Soundblaster Live-24bit

IntelOwnz

Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
710
Whenever I try to play BF2 and I go into the sound settings and switch software acceleration to hardware I get horrid sound from my speakers, music skips, crackles, and makes random strange sounds.

Is this card incapable of running hardware acceleration for games such as BF2?

Driver issue maybe? I have not tried to download the full Creative program, I usually just use the driver that Windows wants to use.
 
Sorry but the card you're talking about is software only, might want to look into getting an audigy 2 value (if you can find one) or an x-fi.. I really don't see the point of going for hardware acceleration since vista dropped it though.
 
Sorry but the card you're talking about is software only, might want to look into getting an audigy 2 value (if you can find one) or an x-fi.. I really don't see the point of going for hardware acceleration since vista dropped it though.


So if I load up Vista and play BF2, it will not let me use Hardware Acceleration at all?

I think Vista the operating system dropped support, but games and such can still use it...
 
Future games will still have hardware acceleration under vista since they will be using the OpenAL API. This, along with ASIO and Kernel Streaming allow hardware accerlation in Vista. Vista only has jurisdiction over DirectSound.
 
Back
Top