Creative Sound Blaster ZXR or Asus STX?

Deltief

Limp Gawd
Creative Sound Blaster ZXR or Asus STX?

I'm going to purchase one of them and I would like to know, which is better, has anyone tried both?. I will be using it to game on, mostly FPS games. I have Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headphones. Thanks in advance.

well I would say the ZXR more does have the edge in a gaming standpoint, however, it is also a creative card. Apparently the new cards benefit from high impedance headsets not so much from lower ones as the amps they have built in tend to way boost and really muck up the sound (going from what I have read review wise) however their dynamic positioning is apparently awesome. STX is basically the highest end sound card ASUS has ever produced and can do everything very well, it is more focused on movies and such by way its sound stage was tuned, but it is a very powerful well balanced card no matter what you use it for.

Creative are monsters when it comes to supporting their own product and do have issues that have been present for many years, however, ASUS has not at all been the best the last few years on supporting their stuff maybe 1 or 2 drivers then they don't bother anymore so pick your poison, STX probably does have an edge hardware wise, but, ZXR has the edge gaming wise for sure.

i have the zx and its awesome.

i dont go near asus for anything anymore

Zxr is a nice card. If you don't need th digital daughter board you can step down. Drivers work with no issues and the sound is quite amazing. My last card was an HT Omega+ and haven't used a SB card since 2001.

I have a xonar DX and am quite pleased with it overall. I know a buddy of mine ended up picking up ZX and he is very pleased with it. He did state however that he did need to get high impedance headphones as his previous set sounded quite nice on his x-fi gaming sounded like crap on the ZX his new set (forget which I do know is a seinhauser something or other) was the opposite. If gaming is the focus purely then Creative is the way to go and all the crap they have done, if gaming + everything else the STX which was built around audiophiles more then any creative card ever has been.

IMHO and from what I have seen, the "Z" series has been basically to show up all the other makers such as HT Omega, Asus, and Auzentech and that they have done very well at, now, if they properly support it and fix bugs that have seemingly been part of Creative as much if not more then craptek that will be the key over time of course. Either way, both are topnotch cream of the proverbial crop.

Personally I'm waiting until STX II is released before I choose between that and a ZXR.

I have the Creative Zx and cant complain about anything. Great sound and good drivers.

Back