Creative Sound Blaster Audigy/Live! Drive Ribbon cable

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I have two Creative Sound Blaster cards one is a Live! 5.1 and the other is an Audigy Platinum I have the 5.25" interface bay for the Audigy but I lost the cable.Can I make an old IDE cable work with it? both have 40 Pins but the key pins are in different places. If not how can I make my own cable?

Here is an image of the Creative AUD_EXT connector on the Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
both cards have the same connector

AUD_EXT.jpg

Thanks

I'd be shocked if you couldn't use a regular 40-pin hard drive cable. Certainly the data rate through the audigy's cable wouldn't be higher than that through a PATA cable, and there's nothing special electrically about PATA cables, either. All the wires will be there, whether the connector is there or not.

Just take a hobby/craft knife (Xacto is a popular brand ;) ) and remove the plastic fill that makes a hole 'keyed' -- alternatively I've almost certainly got an antique cable or two that's not keyed that I could send to you for stamps...

Cool! Interesting that it won't work with the 80wire cable... wonder why that is... hmm.

Back