creative platinum remotes

badbadtz560

Limp Gawd
I've got the platinum version of the audigy2zs remote, but it only seems to work with creative mediasource. Anybody know how to make it work with other programs.. like wmplayer or winamp... or anythign else?

1. If you have an Audigy 2 install, click on Start, Programs (or All Programs), Creative, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, MediaSource Player/Organizer. Click on Tools, Settings and the Remote Control tab.

2. If you have an Audigy 2 ZS installed, click on Start, Programs (or All Programs), Creative, Creative MediaSource, and Remote Control & OSD Settings. Check the box next to Enable Creative Mediasource Remote Control.
3. Click Windows Applications at the bottom of the window.
4. Click on the Add button and a new window will open. Browse to the executable file for the application, and then click Open. For example, to add Windows Media player, browse to C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe.
5. Type a name underneath Application Name that you want to appear in the Selection screen and then click OK. The application name will be listed in the window on the right. Click OK.
6. Click Apply and OK.
7. Press the Start button on the Remote Control.
8. A window (OSD: On Screen Display) will pop up. Press the down arrow until Windows Applications... is highlighted.
9. Press the round OK/Select button on the remote to select the application, for example Windows Media Player.
10. Highlight the desired program and press the round OK/Select button. Now you can control that application with the Remote.

I figure wmplayer should be the easiest .. but it still doesnt' work. any ideas?

ah ok.. got it workin with wmplayer. Does anyone know the universal shortcuts that creative uses for its remote? I think I just need to edit those to get it workin w/ the remote

thx. it sees to work, but requires money for a simple piece of software. anybody know of somethin more permanent (wont' stop working after 30 days) ? There's no way of setting teh remote up so that its buttons are exactly teh same as the multimedia buttons that you'd find on a keyboard?

thx. it sees to work, but requires money for a simple piece of software. anybody know of somethin more permanent (wont' stop working after 30 days) ? There's no way of setting teh remote up so that its buttons are exactly teh same as the multimedia buttons that you'd find on a keyboard?

HiP might do the trick - www.byremote.com.au

Here's an old version of Intelliremote, when it was freeware and uncrippled. It doesn't support many of the new features like profiles, but it lets you assign functions/keystrokes to every remote button.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13662426/intelliremote.zip.html

oiy.. lokos like that bad version i installed cripples even yourold version.. anybody know how to clean it out of the registry or wahtever it affected? i already tried searching through all of regedit and deleting anything "intelliremote"

You can also try RMX Automation with intelliremote plugin. It is far more flexible than intelliremote2. I've been unable to make it work with an x-fi but it works flawlessly with an A2ZS.

http://rmx.sourceforge.net/

Back