A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Although their drivers are bad IMHO, they do compensate with very good support. I must have sent 4 emails this week and all were answered within a day or two. Amazing!!
Now, only if ATI will reply to the email I sent 3 years ago
I would agree, and it's not something I expected. I expected them to be a bunch of retarded monkeys. And the reality is that some of them are, but not ALL of them
I had an issue I contacted them about with regards to certain DVD-Audio discs and their player and the level 1 tech was not very helpful. The fact that I was able to provide info about the problem threw him off I think. After several dumb suggestions like "Try the disc in a regular CD player and tell me what happens" (I told him "Nothing, because there is no redbook layer because no hybrid DVD-A discs exist yet" and I think that just confused him more), I got passed along to the advanced support group, where I got to speak on the phone to a real person who actually knew what he was talking about. He couldn't solve my problem exactly (suspect it's an issue with a couple of the discs I have being stoopidly formatted so the hi-res stereo tracks are not in group 2 where they belong and the Creative player therefore not finding them) though he did try a couple different approaches and then promised to try to get the discs for in-house testing. I'm still waiting to hear back about whether he was able to get the discs in question to hopefully patch the player, but I was quite impressed that I got free long distance phone support for a fairly minor problem that likely doesn't affect many people.
Fast (albeit stupid) response to emails and helpful phone support. Props to Creative for that, if nothing else.