Creative GigaWorks T40

plac

Gawd
Creative GigaWorks T40

Well, I am sick of my Klipsch 2.1 THX system as I'm on my 2nd one in the last 4 years. Bottom line is I almost never use the subwoofer and hardly ever listen to music on my PC. I wanted a cleaner setup and these T40 caught my eye. I have tried almost every "BestBuy" brand and style in the last few years, and I dont think much will have better SQ than my Klipsch set as far as local stores go. That being said, I am not expecting a way nicer system by buying the T40, just hopefully a decent system with no sub. I have bought more Creative Lab and Logitech stuff in the past than I can even remember, and it all sounded like crap after my Klipsch set. I have been used to this set for years, so I will provide some comments on the Gigabit T40 set after I compare. I naturally do not expect nearly the same low end from this new set.

PS, Circuit City had them in stock with a $15 coupon code on the website. So I paid $135 instead of $150.

8848599_sa.jpg

They aren't great SQ by any means, but not any worse than any other 2.0 system I've tried. Not much bass, but good voice, little harsh on the highs. It will work fine for my needs at this point in time. And they look real nice which helps. All it could use which is missing is an input jack on the front.

Oh and its a LOT less power than I was used to with my Klipsch.

Worth $135 + tax? I would have to say no, since you can get the Klipsch for $150-160.

It's still a Creative product after all..

My impression is most of these multimedia 2.0 sets (Z-10, 2.0 Ultra, Gigaworks, MX5020...etc) aren't bad in the mids compared to regular sats but the bass is extremely hollow.

ya i guess ill tell the truth tho i look foolish. I put my Klipsch back in.. I just couldnt take the degradation in sound quality.

I have the little brother of these speakers and I think they do have great SQ cant be compared to my Beyer 770 pro but they are very good for the price.

i say mine had no SQ. My SQ experience is all in high end car stereo.

Hmm you said you barely listen to music on your PC. Do you mean this was for a gaming setup?

I have the little brother of these speakers and I think they do have great SQ cant be compared to my Beyer 770 pro but they are very good for the price.

Yeah I have had the T20's for some time now and I really like them. For what they are they beat any similar system and look great. Very clear and noisefree headphone output too.

I dont quite understand why folks buy PC speakers with like 2" drivers in them and then scratch their heads when they dont match a 12" sub in their car. Its pretty obvious their bass abilities will be somewhat leaner.

The next setup for me will be some small active studio monitors but I have to move apartments first.

I had the T20s, and I just bought the T40 because I got a great price on them at $80... all the reviews I read on these say you have to break them in for a while in order to get the best SQ you can from them.
Haven't tried a lot of different speakers before, but I initially bought the T20s to replace a 2.1 system - the sub was taking too much place so I wanted something cleaner - and these look great, ans sound good enough for me :)
I have to say I don't play games and mostly use the speakers to listen to music and watch movies, so bass isn't all that important to me (always hated boom-boom :) )

Back