• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative GigaWorks T20 or something else?

Nimrod

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
244
Alright I just bought some T20's at Best Buy and I'm pretty happy with them but I'm wondering if there would be anything better for around the same price? I don't want to order speakers online and then find out I don't like them.

I'll be using them 99% of the time for music rock, rap, alternative
 
If you paid MSRP for them ($100), then you could comfortably step-up to the M-AUDIO AV-40 ($120 online, if you shop around), or the Swan M10 ($120 here).

But no, for the same price, you will probably not get a better experience.
 
i paid $90 for them I was actually thinking about either getting the av-40s or swan m10's but i didn't want to order them and not like them would you say the av40s and m10's are a lot better? and which one would you get out of the two?
 
I can't tell you personally if they're a lot better because I've never heard the Gigaworks speakers. All I can tell you is what I've read in reviews.

I can tell you I bought the AV-40s, and am very happy with them.

In terms of choice, here's a thought: if you need more bass, you probably want the AV-40s, as you only get one woofer on the M10 unit. The AV-40s also feature a bass boost switch, if you don't think the stock bass is enough (but I've never had to use it).
 
Back
Top