Creative DTS-610 Home Theater Connect - Creative's answer to DDLive

I posted a question in the Creative support forums asking why they haven't included a Digital DIN input on the DTS-610.

Basically, their argument boils down to this:

Digital DIN obviously can only be used with Creative cards. The DACs on Creative cards are good enough (at least better than onboard sound), AND the ADCs on the DTS-610 are good enough, such that the loss due to DTS compression is more significant than the loss from the DAC->ADC path. I'm still skeptical. Also, they figure that MOST home theater systems on the market sacrifice audio quality for volume anyway, because that is what people are more impressed by. However, he did say he would pass along the DIN suggestion, since obviously it wouldn't hurt to have it.

thomase said:
Also, they figure that MOST home theater systems on the market sacrifice audio quality for volume anyway, because that is what people are more impressed by.

I guess Creative Labs employees have never once stopped by avsforum, hometheaterforum, hometheaterspot, or any of the other countless HT forums out there :rolleyes: I'm sure all the people on AVS who have 100,000$ HT's just bought them cause they are loud. Christ, they should have told the truth and just said that they don't give a shit about what HT people are interested in, as it's a lot easier to sell product to gamers who are automatically willing to slap down cash for the next new thing, irrespective of its actual technical merits.

Back