• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative Console Slow to Open

Caltone

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
68
I recently reinstalled Win7 and notice that the Creative Audio Control Console is very slow to open from the desktop. It can take up to 30 - 40 seconds at times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, using the latest ones from Creative's site.

Anyone had similar experience and a resolution? I like the card and the fact that I finally get a use for the PCI Express slot but this delay is killing me. I generally open the console when switching between games and playing music or other media which is frequent for me. :confused:
 
I have always had the same problem, though honestly 30-40 seconds seems extreme. Make sure you have all other audio programs closed...this has often caused issues for me. I really don't know why creatives software has to suck so terribly. I am very happy with the Platinum HD.

I finally downloader X-FI Mode Changer, a free app, (The author takes donations), that has shortcuts to things like changing speaker/headphone or game/entertainment mode...it is better to me but be warned...it is still slow as it really acts as a streamlined quicker front end to the creative software.

Link below:

http://www.spectra9.com/xfmc/xfmc.html
 
I have always had the same problem, though honestly 30-40 seconds seems extreme. Make sure you have all other audio programs closed...this has often caused issues for me. I really don't know why creatives software has to suck so terribly. I am very happy with the Platinum HD.

I finally downloader X-FI Mode Changer, a free app, (The author takes donations), that has shortcuts to things like changing speaker/headphone or game/entertainment mode...it is better to me but be warned...it is still slow as it really acts as a streamlined quicker front end to the creative software.

Link below:

http://www.spectra9.com/xfmc/xfmc.html

Neat app, thanks for the link. Think I'll grab this regardless while waiting for Creative to update drivers :mad:

Looks like a common issue based on a search of their forums...
 
Back
Top