• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative Audigy 2 Value EAX4.0 HD driver (Doom3) here ;)

Terra

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
2,786
I am the owner of a Creative Audigy 2 Value, and got so pissed at the lack of a driver that offered EAX4.0 HD support to my card.
If you own an "Audigy 2" or an "Audigy 2 LZ", Cretave HAS realeased a betadriver, that support those cards.
It can be found here: Beta EAX 4.0 DHD driver for XP from Creative

But if you are in the same situation as me, there was no help from creative.

So I decided to fiddle around myself..and after twisting my brain, I figured out a way, and here is now a driver for Audigy 2 Value that gives EAX 4.0 HD support.
Creative Audigy 2 Value EAX4.0 HD driver by me

I will also post the readme I have included:

IMPORTANT: This driver update is ONLY meant for AUDIGY 2 VALUE CARDS
Do NOT try installing this on any other Creative cards!!!!

Since Creative won't give us Audigy 2 Value cards owners a driver update for EAX4.0 support in game, I have made a packkage that gives EAX4.0 support to games.
I dug up a way to implement the updates into the Creative Audigy 2 Value drivers, and have combined them into this package.
Here here to do it in steps:

1. Unrar the files.

2. Go to the folder \Drivers of the files unpacked.

3. Run the files Setup.exe located in that folder.

4. Choose "Driver installation".

5. Choose "WDM drivers".

6. Check the "Overwrite exisiting shared Creative Audio driver files" box.

7. Press OK.

8. Reboot after install

9. Enjoy your new EAX4.0 support in games :) (eg. Doom 3 v1.3)

Hope you will enjoy this

Terra

I have tested audio playback, games(with and without EAX) and found no flaws so far.

Terra - Install at own risk..and hopefully enjoy :)
 
Your welcome :)
I got just got tired of waiting for Creative to lift their fannies ;)

Terra - Let me know if you encounter any problems :)
 
I'm sure may people are grateful Terra...good job :cool:

I remember hassling with the audigy 2 drivers on an original audigy a couple years ago. Finally, it seems the creative driver fiasco is much easier to take.
 
Jodiuh said:
Finally, it seems the creative driver fiasco is much easier to take.

Well, I have been arguing with them via their email support, and now they have the link too ;)
Perhaps that will make them lift their (_|_) and put out an official driver ;)
They still havn't responded to that email though..kinda funny :cool:

Terra - Perhaps they are embarresed? ;)
 
Back
Top