Creative Assembly May Be Working on Alien: Isolation 2

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Official PlayStation Magazine has a source claiming that Creative Assembly is readying up a new Alien title, which would likely mean a sequel or derivative to Alien: Isolation. This was one of those rare movie-based games that was not only fun to play but faithful to the film universe, so I am really looking forward to what the team cooks up for the follow-up. Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a VR mode? (I also wonder if the flamethrower will still be as effective.)

Released back at the tail end of 2014, Alien: Isolation was met with critical praise and did commendably well in sales (over 2.1 million units across the U.S. and Europe as of March 2015) – though publisher Sega wasn't completely satisfied with its commercial performance. That said, the idea of a sequel has been bandied about the past year-and-a-half with CA studio director Tim Heaton stating that a sequel was ''not out of the question'' and that ''there was more to be said.'' Sega has also expressed an interest but said that it's entirely dependent on its profitability.

Really enjoyed this game, a sequel would be welcomed and is something I have been hoping for. I loved the aesthetic, you could tell the developers were huge Alien fans.

Reactions: jtm55
like this
I haven't played the original. But considering how well received it was it's almost mythic in quality too. When a game uses the controller microphone to aid the AI to find you, that's good development.

Playing the game, made for VR, would be an experience.

News of the year so far. If it's actually alien isolation 2.

Please don't play with my emotions. I love Alien: Isolation, one of the best games ever made. I still think the alien is scripted. I do not agree with 60 dollar games these days. I would buy the hell out of this anyway. I am glad Sega gave CA money for another one. Smart move.

"That's not where Sega wants to be, when we have a brilliant portfolio of other games that do great business."

For example?

Back