Creative AE9 dead.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would have to buy one first I'm using S350 DB Edifiers on my AE-5
I thought my Sennheisers Jubilees were really good when I got them now I actually like my Hyper X Alphas better

I would have to buy one first I'm using S350 DB Edifiers on my AE-5
I thought my Sennheisers Jubilees were really good when I got them now I actually like my Hyper X Alphas better
There is good reason you have that title.

I'll put you on Ignore again thanks.
You're welcome ;)

Your post I replied to has zero value.
What you said applies to every single DAC ever released and served as a knock to a DAC you havent even listened to!
I just wanted to see whether I really should Ignore You as your title suggests.
You seriously do post rubbish.

Last edited:
Speakers check out...

...but you might be deaf.

:)

They sound like shit it's not me that is the last pair of non gaming audiophile headphones I ever buy. They clamp your head like a cat then the open back stuff is for the birds you can hear everything around you. I tried them in a few different games and the trade off isn't worth it.

They clamp your head like a cat

That's by design. Extend the earcups completely and bend the metal, repeat as needed. They do need some clamp to retain their audio properties, which are unmatched by 'gaming' cans.

the open back stuff is for the birds you can hear everything around you

And you get detail and imaging and soundstage and clarity and... yeah. But that's all open-back cans, including the gaming ones. Welcome to audio 101.

You can get closed 'audiophile' cans that will destroy gaming cans, for gaming and everything else. You just need to be actually specific as to what you mean by 'gaming'.

I tried them in a few different games and the trade off isn't worth it.

Really depends on the game. I mean, it depends on the game and what you're trying to do a fuckton. If you're trying to hear footsteps- you want a moderate soundstage, great imaging (obviously), and no bass, because that drowns out footsteps. That's one example, and it's one reason that open cans are typically better because they tend to have accurate bass rather than boomy bass in comparison to similarly priced closed cans, and that's why the Jubilees are a gaming favorite (and damn good for everything else at the price).

I have a pair of Sony MDR-Z7 that will rattle your face and isolate well... :D

OH- and if you haven't changed the pads on your Sennheisers, do that!

They're designed to deteriorate over time, as a matter of necessity to achieve their sound signature. As pro equipment, they're also designed to be maintained (think BMW versus Lexus). Beyerdynamic headphones work the same way.

Yeah they hurt lol unless you shave every other day or something. Looked on Amazon they sell sheep skin pads for 29.00 you can buy a Hyper Cloud Xs refurbs for that much.

Last edited:
Yeah they hurt lol unless you shave every other day or something. Looked on Amazon they sell sheep skin pads for 29.00 you can buy a Hyper Cloud Xs refurbs for that much.

Have HD600, it's the same build (Sennheiser released the HD660s recently, they haven't changed the build in 30 years), can definitely get them comfortable. They are my '8 hours' cans. I have better sound cans and different sounding cans, but none are comfortable for that length of time.

And I'm really just posting because you're not getting what you should be from your headphones. It's entirely possible that the sound signature is not to your taste for your content- it happens!- but if given a fair shake and you still don't like 'em, put 'em on Ebay :).

Finally ordered on paid 450 in Canada. Just have to wait till comes in.

Finally have card. Get back to this post on how it goes.

Last edited:
Back