• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Creative 5.1 surround help

HurtMeP1nty007

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
505
Hello, I have a creative 5.1 speaker setup in my computer room and it sounds great. The audio card that I use is an Audigy 2 gamer card. The only problem is that when I plug in the center speaker, all I get out of it is static. What is the point of have 5 speakers if only 4 work. Has anyone ever run into this problem before? No sound at all just static :mad:

btw I updated the drivers and apps for the soundcard and the problem still happens.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
 
is this when you are playing 2 channel music and upmixing, or while you are in a game with 5.1 surround sound?

if your just using 2 channel, maybe upmixed to 4 channel, then the center speaker wont be used.
 
I get the static whenever the middle speaker is plugged in. So, I get static coming from it when I play games or do anything.
 
use a left or right speaker into the center to test if it isnt th speaker..
 
i tried that and it is not the speaker. I plugged the front right speaker into the middle port and got the same feedback!!!!

help
 
I took the card back and got a new one and everything is working fine now. Gaming in 5.1 is awesome. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top