• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Creating un-deleteable file

thurstmw

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
119
I am trying to make a dmg file un-deleteable while keeping it R/W. Found that I should be able to do this with "chflags sunlnk 'file'.dmg" but I keep getting the error "chflags: invalid flag: sunlnk"

I am rocking 10.6.7. Any suggestions?

Sorry that this is software not [H]
 
OSX chflags doesn't seem to have sunlnk. You can try chmod +a "<user/group> deny delete" <file>
 
Quality thank you worked perfectly. Will switching allow with deny undo this? Is there a user/group I can use to apply to all?
 
"everyone" should do all. To remove it do chmod -a "<entry>" <file>. You can see the ACL with ls -le <file>.
 
Thanks I appreciate the help.

Only problem I could see with this is anyone with an admin password can delete it but not a problem if you only have one admin account.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top