Creating Bootable USB HD for OSX Leopard Server Install

Morazl

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a G5 on the cheap and want to load OS X Leopard Server. Unfortunately all I have is an image of the boot disk but no dual layer DVD to burn it on since I'm cheap :)

SO what I've done so far is use disk utility, successfully scanned the image file for restore, and restored it to an external drive. However when I go to Startup Disk in Leopard, it doesn't list this USB drive, and appears to not be bootable. Do I need to add a bootable flag through terminal or something, or does it sound like I'm doing the proper procedure and maybe I have a bad backup of the leopard server disk?

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a G5 on the cheap and want to load OS X Leopard Server. Unfortunately all I have is an image of the boot disk but no dual layer DVD to burn it on since I'm cheap :)

SO what I've done so far is use disk utility, successfully scanned the image file for restore, and restored it to an external drive. However when I go to Startup Disk in Leopard, it doesn't list this USB drive, and appears to not be bootable. Do I need to add a bootable flag through terminal or something, or does it sound like I'm doing the proper procedure and maybe I have a bad backup of the leopard server disk?

Ive always used a firewire drive, not sure the g5 will boot of usb.

Damn.. really? Unfortunately I don't have one, so I guess I'll be buying some dual layer dvd's.

Back