creating admin group in Windows Server 2003 domain

Astra

Limp Gawd
I would like to create a new group.
Each time I create a new user in this group the user automatically receives all admin rights in the doman.
Is it possible?

Ta!

Setup a template user and then clone it. Best way to do it, Put all your templates in one OU.

I am just too ignorant/stupid.

The idea is:
I create a group and add users to the group. Not necessary admins. It might be Power Users. I can create new users and go to their properties and add them to Power Users. But instead of doing this to every new user, I thought I might add 10 new users to a group that will grant them Power User rights. However, I don't know enough. There is no such thing as Power Users in domain. Only simple users with limited rights, similar to a guest account on a local workstation or Administrators.
I tried to create a group and make it a member of Administrators and then add users to it, it didn't help...

You want this group to admin the domain/server, or you just want them to have local admin rights on the workstations? We have a PC admin group, that GP pushes out to the local admin group on every workstation.

admin domain/server if it is about admins.

do less in doman if it is about a bit more restictive users, Power Users, only I don't see Power Users options in domain :(

I think I should thank you guys for your help but I just don't know enough and don't want to confuse you.

I just realised that I am trying to create a group for Admins as I said before, while there is a built-in Administrators group already in there.
I gues that just because MS has GUI vs. Cisco command line, it doesn't mean I can mange even a small domain without proper studying.

Back